Modern/northern Sale!final Touch, Aristocrats, Vivian Reed, More

Here's the deal:

I just purchased a collection of 800+ singles from approximately 1974-1979. The owner of the collection kept just about everything in the sleeve and in some sort of arcane filing system. So 99% of the singles are in excellent condition, except for the fact that the owner wrote on every label and sleeve. He often wrote his name, the name of the particular file the 45 is in, the date he purchased the single and sometimes, some great commentary on the sides. The information on the date purchased is actually pretty interesting, as it gives a kind of provenance to the singles. So unless mentioned, all the singles are in vg+ or better shape.

Also, I just did a once-over and pulled a stash that I knew were promising. There are still a lot more singles to go through. Let me know if there's anything you're looking for from that time range. 99% major label stuff.

I'd prefer paypal on this list. Shipping to UK $6, $3 in US. Please email me at christopher.burgan(at)gmail.com with any questions or if you'd like to buy something. I hope there are some deals on here for you!

********************************************************************************

Final Touch - I'm Ready To Give Up My Love (Part 1) b/w (Part 2) - Epic $200

This copy has a couple small hairline cracks about 1/3 of the way into the styrene. The cracks don't reach the outer edge and they produce a very slight click that you have to really be looking for to hear. Otherwise the 45 is a clean vg+.

Aristocrats - Let's Get Together Now b/w Ip Slippin Dippin - Warner Bros. $250

Vivian Reed - Save Your Love For Me b/w I Didn't Mean To Love You - Atco VG+ $175

A Brother's Guiding Light - Getting Together b/w Sweet Stuff - Mercury $100

Walter Jackson - Let Me Come Back - Brunswick VG+ $150

Checkmates, Ltd. - All Alone By The Telephone b/w Body Language - Polydor $100

Karen Pree - Make Love Last Forever/(instrumental - Casablanca $50

The Moving Violation - Spinnin' Top / (same) - Atlantic promo $50

Al Hudson & The Soul Partners - When You're Gone b/w I've Been Loving You Too Long - Atco $75

The Lost Generation - You Only Get Out Of Love b/w Pretty Little Angel Eyes - Brunswick $25

Bobby Sheen - Come On And Love Me - Chelsea - $20

The Quadraphonics - Betcha If You Check It Out b/w same - Innovation II 7826 DJ $20

Charles Drain - I'm Gonna Stay - RCA $20

The Treasures - You Ain't Playin' With No Toy - Mercury $20

Randy Crawford - Don't Get Caught b/w Magic Wand Of Love - Columbia $25

Liquid Blue - Take It Anyway You Want To - HDM $30

Tender Touch - You Were Never Mine To Begin With b/w Can I See You Tomorrow - Paramount $30

Ujima - I'm Gettin' Hip (To Your Ways & Actions) - Epic $35

(this one was unsleeved and has some scuffing, but plays excellently)

Futures - Grade A Woman - Buddah $30

The Spinners - I Just Want To Fall In Love - Atlantic $50

(this one was spared the writing, with only a checkmark on the flipside label)

The Lost Generation - Your Mission (If You Decide To Accept It) Part 1 b/w Part 2 - Innovation II $30

Mary Wells - If You Can't Give Her Love (Give Her Up) b/w Don't Keep Me Hangin' On - Reprise $20

Young Divines - Deep In Your Heart b/w I'll Show You With Love - Cotillion $50

Philly Devotions - I Just Can't Say Goodbye - Columbia $15

Debbie Taylor - Just Don't Pay b/w I Don't Wanna Leave You - Arista $15

post-2456-1134615780_thumb.jpg

Edited by Iceburg
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest snoopnobby

Looking for Ujima - I'm not ready - Epic and Jeanie Tracy - Making new friends - Brown Door

Let me know please if they are available

Many thanks

Neil

Here's the deal:

I just purchased a collection of 800+ singles from approximately 1974-1979. The owner of the collection kept just about everything in the sleeve and in some sort of arcane filing system. So 99% of the singles are in excellent condition, except for the fact that the owner wrote on every label and sleeve. He often wrote his name, the name of the particular file the 45 is in, the date he purchased the single and sometimes, some great commentary on the sides. The information on the date purchased is actually pretty interesting, as it gives a kind of provenance to the singles. So unless mentioned, all the singles are in vg+ or better shape.

Also, I just did a once-over and pulled a stash that I knew were promising. There are still a lot more singles to go through. Let me know if there's anything you're looking for from that time range. 99% major label stuff.

I'd prefer paypal on this list. Shipping to UK $6, $3 in US. Please email me at christopher.burgan(at)gmail.com with any questions or if you'd like to buy something. I hope there are some deals on here for you!

********************************************************************************

Final Touch - I'm Ready To Give Up My Love (Part 1) b/w (Part 2) - Epic $200

This copy has a couple small hairline cracks about 1/3 of the way into the styrene. The cracks don't reach the outer edge and they produce a very slight click that you have to really be looking for to hear. Otherwise the 45 is a clean vg+.

Aristocrats - Let's Get Together Now b/w Ip Slippin Dippin - Warner Bros. $250

Vivian Reed - Save Your Love For Me b/w I Didn't Mean To Love You - Atco VG+ $175

Walter Jackson - Let Me Come Back - Brunswick VG+ $150

Checkmates, Ltd. - All Alone By The Telephone b/w Body Language - Polydor $100

Karen Pree - Make Love Last Forever/(instrumental - Casablanca $50

The Moving Violation - Spinnin' Top / (same) - Atlantic promo $50

Al Hudson & The Soul Partners - When You're Gone b/w I've Been Loving You Too Long - Atco $75

The Lost Generation - You Only Get Out Of Love b/w Pretty Little Angel Eyes - Brunswick $25

Bobby Sheen - Come On And Love Me - Chelsea - $20

The Quadraphonics - Betcha If You Check It Out b/w same - Innovation II 7826 DJ $20

Charles Drain - I'm Gonna Stay - RCA $20

The Treasures - You Ain't Playin' With No Toy - Mercury $20

Randy Crawford - Don't Get Caught b/w Magic Wand Of Love - Columbia $25

Liquid Blue - Take It Anyway You Want To - HDM $30

Tender Touch - You Were Never Mine To Begin With b/w Can I See You Tomorrow - Paramount $30

Ujima - I'm Gettin' Hip (To Your Ways & Actions) - Epic $35

(this one was unsleeved and has some scuffing, but plays excellently)

Futures - Grade A Woman - Buddah $30

The Spinners - I Just Want To Fall In Love - Atlantic $50

(this one was spared the writing, with only a checkmark on the flipside label)

The Lost Generation - Your Mission (If You Decide To Accept It) Part 1 b/w Part 2 - Innovation II $30

Mary Wells - If You Can't Give Her Love (Give Her Up) b/w Don't Keep Me Hangin' On - Reprise $20

Young Divines - Deep In Your Heart b/w I'll Show You With Love - Cotillion $50

Philly Devotions - I Just Can't Say Goodbye - Columbia $15

Debbie Taylor - Just Don't Pay b/w I Don't Wanna Leave You - Arista $15

post-2456-1134615780_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Looking for Ujima - I'm not ready - Epic and Jeanie Tracy - Making new friends - Brown Door

Let me know please if they are available

Many thanks

Neil

Sorry Neil...I found two Ujima titles, the one already listed as well as "Somebody Tell That Girl I'm Gone b/w She's Gone" but no copies of "I'm Not Ready". No Jeanie Tracy either as far as I can tell.

So far the following are on hold:

Aristocrats

Walter Jackson

Al Hudson

Karen Pree

Debbie Taylor

I'm going to try and add a list of cheap stuff from the collection later today.

Iceburg

Social source share

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert