Freedom Express Get Down

Michael S

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh really Jaz?

I've been collecting since the late 70s and don't remember it ever being around in any quantity. I'd have def bought it with those nutty 'Starsky & Hutch' screaming electronic piano bits, fantastic drum breaks,'wah wahs' etc.

I had this on the shelves for years. Way too funky to interest any Soul boys at the time. Mine went to a French guy who didn't mind paying £20 for it in 1989 or thereabouts. I gave a whole bunch of similar stuff to this to a mate a few years ago who was looking for obscure funk so I bet there's a few more like this lurking around......

Copy of the reissue 12" here for £11.00 boys.........

https://www.discogs.com/Freedom-Express-Get-Down/release/1456129

Ian D :D

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

As far as I am aware it's always been a tough record Ian. Great that you had one and sold it cheap in 89 - maybe I was chasing the wrong things then :lol:

If you'd have come around in the mid 80's (or better still in the late 70's) you'd have had a ball LOL. I'm actually going through my stuff at the moment and finding some seriously weird stuff, most of which has been on the shelves for 35 odd years but which everybody quite rightly bypassed. But there's always someone somewhere who wants a record, so I've just sold a couple of really obscure P-Funk type records t'other day for £50 each. I cringe when I think of all the funky type titles I've left behind over the years....

Ian D :D

Social source share