Next Car Boot! Pick This Up?

dthedrug

:hatsoff2: Hi All I was ;looking for a sound clip for this on YouTube, no luck, However it will be in many piles of 45s around and about,

As a part of my collecting as you can imagine, includes my favorite Pop records from the late 60s and a few early ones also, but I try to get Demos if I can, one record has the best intro of them all (nearly).

The theme tune from the classic The Good Bad & the Ugly - Hugo Montenegro + orchan ace record.

But how many have played the B side? "there's got to be a better way" it's pure 60s and sounds great on my sound system? if any one can put a clip up for me? I really like this type of music sort of MOD style :g:

post-13241-0-92794700-1334089817_thumb.jpost-13241-0-11435900-1334089835_thumb.j

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The NICE- AMERICA-IMIEDIATE RECORDS, Saw them at the MARQUEE, Doing this and stuff from the 5 Bridges, and I tell no lie, a HIPPIE throwing choppers and a axe at a Steinway?? was as say "FFAR OUTT MAN, PRETTY AMAZEING YEH MAN"

"NEVER TRUST A HIPPY" Johnny Rotten 76, remember those Hippie Chicks with Afros walking down Ladbroke Road going to FINCHES on Portobello Road to watch the Fairport Convention? of course you don't DAVE

Social source share

The NICE- AMERICA-IMIEDIATE RECORDS, Saw them at the MARQUEE, Doing this and stuff from the 5 Bridges, and I tell no lie, a HIPPIE throwing choppers and a axe at a Steinway?? was as say "FFAR OUTT MAN, PRETTY AMAZEING YEH MAN"

"NEVER TRUST A HIPPY" Johnny Rotten 76, remember those Hippie Chicks with Afros walking down Ladbroke Road going to FINCHES on Portobello Road to watch the Fairport Convention? of course you don't DAVE

Funny enough I do Dave. I actually bought America when it came out. 'The Thoughts Of Emerlisk Davjak Jr' on the 'b' side I believe.........

Ian D :D

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

basically 'Afternoon Of The Rhino' Ian - same mob probably!

Mike post won his first Grammy age 23 for the musical arrangement on Classical Gas
Social source share

Or was it "Diamond Hard Those Apples Of The Moon".....? :g:

Ian D :D

Ian as Pete S will tell you I like TOADY BOY am going through a real hard time, so much so I let a few of my POP demos go, the Thoughts of emily on a imiediate red A demo went to Mick, he also had Barry Ryann ELOISE DEMO, a great pop record to end the 60s and set a new standard for the 70s, I then shut the lid on him when he pulled out SPIRIT IN THE SKY DEMO, HURDY GURDY MAN PYE DEMO, AND THIS WHEELS ON FIRE BLANK, It was to painful, over he last 40 years or so, some of the junk shop finds and how cheap I let them go for I had HOLY HOLY & MEMORY/ PRETIEST STAR MERCURRY DEMOS FOR 25np, even Pete Smith has not had them?? thinking about it he has but not hat cheap, I am sure he also had Lisa Jane the Lower Third, which no one has had

HI HO SILVER LINING DEMO, any wolves fans a must have for £110, very rare, by the way give my record of the day a spin please?

Social source share

I did like their treatment of Sibelius' "Karelia Suite" on the Five Bridges LP.

Social source share

Wonder what the reaction to a "top" dj dropping this in his set would be? one of those had to be there sounds :wicked: unless it was of course at the 100 club :yes: always was the place to throw a real surprise tune out although having not been there for a hundred years may well have changed?

Although knowing Days and Micks great sense of mischief maybe not :lol:

Heard Kieth Money play Walking up a one way street last year in Leipzig-Blew me away :thumbup:

Steve

back on subject ...................Hugo Montenegro -In the jungle babe..........Now that's a storming instrumental

:hatsoff2: Hi well you have hit the nail on the head however you have it the wrong way round, as there is more chance that a failed 70s Disco 45 being played, it is as clear as mud, the Northern Soul scene has been ripped apart by inferior Dance music, the best or most of the Best 70s records were payed under the banner as Northern? and the people who go on about CROSSOVER & MODERN SOUL have as I say destroyed the ambiance that Northern,

For me it will be a Northern Scene that will always have the quality sound of the 60s if you look back at the 15 years of all music that was played in the USA UK & on the continent from 1956 yo 1971 and look back the last 15 years, the ever changing assortment of music progressed and most were aimed at the here and now, the Motown beat was even in the Pink Floyd records, DISCO never made it and as I say the best was called Northern, I love records like SUPERTIME so would young people so lets play them all again, I hated the crap Disco scene, and loved the Northern scene, why these DJs impose there stuff on others heave knows, reading SOULSOURCE and some of the threads, shows me again that many people have not had the opportunity of the authentic divers madness and contradiction of the scene :lol: DAVE

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert