Al Williams - I Am Nothing La Beat Issue

Raresoul45s

• Replies 12
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

No offence Darren, but I was told it wasn't allowed to put links to auctions and web sites in this section. How do you get round it please?

Just read the rules section and found this -

4 . Ads featuring external links to sales sites should be posted in the Ebay and Website Section

Edited by Quinvy
Social source share

I mentioned this to Mike a while back and he said as long as its an advert with a price then its ok.

He did say you cant just put up an ad saying something along lines of new arrivals here with a link, I have to put whats for sale with a price on it.

So thats how I have been doing it since he had a word with me.

Thanks Darren

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I mentioned this to Mike a while back and he said as long as its an advert with a price then its ok.

He did say you cant just put up an ad saying something along lines of new arrivals here with a link, I have to put whats for sale with a price on it.

So thats how I have been doing it since he had a word with me.

Thanks Darren

So where is the price please?

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

What Chalky said.

Actually Phil you do put sales in this section for Anglo-American. As long as there are prices it's OK. As does Dave Thorley for Top Dog.

BROWNIE and DT are members on here so they can take orders through the site rather than having to go through their own website.

Anglo is a bit different but if you remember I allowed it because you are acting to pass on any inquiries received through the site, and Tim's list is of interest to members on here. The auction part of Tim's list was split off because it is easier to look at his site for the current bids than having to update on here.

ROD [forum moderator]

Social source share

I think you've misunderstood Phil.

No links in Sales JUST to a website without listing priced 45s.

The Anglo lists you post have an address and email contact details so why would I object to a link to website as well.

In fact if you look at November list I put a link in to the auction.

I just leave it to you to post as you see fit as long as 45s for sale can be seen by members on opening the ad.

ROD

Social source share

If this is the record with CHAMP written on the label (can't access Darren's web site at present to check), then there's an interesting story I was told by a previous owner of this record that I have no way of verifying. Apparently the CHAMP being referred to is none other than Cassius Clay / Mohammed Ali the boxer and this copy was given to him as a present.

Who gave him the copy? I have no idea.

Did the CHAMP ever get the copy? Again I have no idea.

Is the story true or just a myth? Again, I have no idea.

Was I on the end of a wind-up? Again, I have no idea.

That said, I thought it was an interesting anecdote. I suspect I may have been a little dazed and confused at the time I was told this story...hence the reason why I can only remember parts of the conversation.

If the chap who told me this is the current owner and is selling this via Darren's site then he may be able to verify the story. If true...this may add to the collectability of the item. If I was so messed up at the time I heard the tale that I've created my own urban myth....then I apologise for wasting your time reading this post.

Social source share

The story is true as i know it although I have no way of varifying it so I didnt mention it. The legend has it this was given to Ali by Willie Mitchell.

The website has been off line for to maintainance this afternoon but its now back up.

Best Darren

Edited by BROWNIE
Social source share

The story is true as i know it although I have no way of varifying it so I didnt mention it. The legend has it this was given to Ali by Willie Mitchell.

The website has been off line for to maintainance this afternoon but its now back up.

Best Darren

Clearly I wasn't quite as dazed and confused as I thought!

Phew...what a relief and I'm pleased that my historical abuse of Sanatogen and Horlicks wasn't affecting my memory.

I just knew I hadn't dreamt it all.

Social source share

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert