The Undisputed Truth - (Artist Of The Week)

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I haven't seen a zillion soul train episodes so i'm not the best judge, but that is the best soul train line i've ever seen. i like the track too.

i never flipped over "smiling faces".

What was motown's intention with the group? I always thought they were supposed to be a toned down and slightly more rockish version of parliament. Obviously by the late 70s LP covers they had the full outer space parliament ripoff thing going on. And so many of their songs were covers of other songs.

Were they norman whitfield's main product at motown in the 70s?

Social source share

remember buying smiling faces sometimes, from a shop on hallgate , doncaster, think the shop sold electrical applainces downstairs, and musical instraments upstairs, but sold records as well ,always had the latest tamla motown records in, not just the chart stuff, always played the b side at home, great sound.

Social source share

remember buying smiling faces sometimes, from a shop on hallgate , doncaster, think the shop sold electrical applainces downstairs, and musical instraments upstairs, but sold records as well ,always had the latest tamla motown records in, not just the chart stuff, always played the b side at home, great sound.

The shop was Fields ,bought some great records there in late 60's early 70's

Social source share

Guest Owen Conway

i think i have you+me on a 12" whitfield label allegedly one of the first 12" records made (not mine but overall).

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!