Nite-Life 16 Northern Soul Greats - Slow Fizz Records

Guest Paulie D

Guest Paulie D

I'm writing a series of articles for a fanzine on must have Mod & Soul LPs and kicking off with Nite-Life but, apart from the track listing, there's very little else known about this LP. It's undoubtedly a boot as the packaging looks like it was knocked up in a garden shed but the track listing is phenomenal with absolute Northern anthems on it.

If anyone knows anything more about it like when it was released, who was behind it, how many were issued, can you let me know please?

Cheers

Paul

post-5826-0-47963900-1333630273_thumb.jp

post-5826-0-88098300-1333630524_thumb.jp

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Pete Widderson did it - I bought a copy off him at Morecambe Rally in 84 or 85 (the first one at Heysham anyway) before the covers had arrived from the printers - still have it somewhere.

Dave Carne

It was Pete Wid was it? I know it was definitely someone from South East because I remember Mark Bicknell and Ian Stewart knocking these out early 80s. Great compilation and the version of the Professionals is the proper one off the 45 not the usual odd mix found on CDs. I still have this, complete with that cheesey cover targeted at the scooterists! Great stuff indeed. Good luck with the article.

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

Andy theres a picture of the reverse sleeve at the top

Cheers !I didn't realise that if i click on it it gets bigger ! I'm shite with puters LoL
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert