The Superlatives - Won't You Please - Dynamics 1012

Hi there

RE: THE SUPERLATIVES - Won't You Please b/w Don't ever leave - DYNAMICS 1012

I recently saw a copy of this go for decent money.

Whilst admittedly the run out has a Nashville etched stamp in the run out grooves,

I have been under the impression that it was some kind of re-issue.

Anyone know what's the story?

Thanks

Mick

post-12477-0-56169300-1333568259_thumb.j

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

this one only came out on Dynamics I'm sure? Two of their other Dynamics 45's were picked up by Westbound, that "nashville matrix" stamp is right, also on the 45 is the number "95" etched in, that's Archers account number with the nashville plant, think Archer used them for some of his plates during the 60's?

steve

Social source share

Mine looks just like that. I bought it in the late '60s. I always thought it was original. It has Nashville Matrix (script writing) stamped, as well as D-1012A and D-1012B etched, and also 95 etched on both sides. Have you seen other label dsigns for 1012 (such as the multi-coloured 1013 by The Eldees)? I don't remember if I've seen it with another label design. I don't remember hearing that it had been booted.

Social source share

Mine looks just like that. I bought it in the late '60s. I always thought it was original. It has Nashville Matrix (script writing) stamped, as well as D-1012A and D-1012B etched, and also 95 etched on both sides. Have you seen other label dsigns for 1012 (such as the multi-coloured 1013 by The Eldees)? I don't remember if I've seen it with another label design. I don't remember hearing that it had been booted.

same as mine Robb, that's mine on the youtube clip,only seen black copies. am i right bout it being an Archer pressed record, I remember reading somewhere that "95" was Archer's account number with nashville when he used them to make stampers for him?

re The Eldees, I see that's got a "nashville" stamp and a "music city" stamp?

steve

Social source share

All the above descriptions are of authenticity

Why do you think it is a re-issue Mick please? :g:

Cheers

Richard

'Cause I seem to recall that's what i was told at the time I bought it about 10 years ago for a tenner, I think at Beating Rhythm.

Does anyone have any ideas on value ?

Thanks for the input guys.

Mick

Social source share

same as mine Robb, that's mine on the youtube clip,only seen black copies. am i right bout it being an Archer pressed record, I remember reading somewhere that "95" was Archer's account number with nashville when he used them to make stampers for him?

steve

steve

Yep! My Eldees' also has "Music City" stamped in (in addition to Nashville Matrix). It also has 95 etched in on both sides. ALL 7 of my Dynamics' records have "95" etched on them. So, I guess Dynamics used Archer in Detroit exclusively for pressing, and they used the Nashville Matrix for their mastering. I wonder if The Eldees', having the "Music City" stamper as well, indicates that it was mastered in Nashville, while the others were mastered in Detroit using a machine originating from Nashville Matrix?
Social source share

'Cause I seem to recall that's what i was told at the time I bought it about 10 years ago for a tenner, I think at Beating Rhythm.

Does anyone have any ideas on value ?

Thanks for the input guys.

Mick

I'd have thought personally about £50 for a minter these days Mick?

For me, it's their best record, and sounds perfect in a crossover set.

steve

Yep! My Eldees' also has "Music City" stamped in (in addition to Nashville Matrix). It also has 95 etched in on both sides. ALL 7 of my Dynamics' records have "95" etched on them. So, I guess Dynamics used Archer in Detroit exclusively for pressing, and they used the Nashville Matrix for their mastering. I wonder if The Eldees', having the "Music City" stamper as well, indicates that it was mastered in Nashville, while the others were mastered in Detroit using a machine originating from Nashville Matrix?

cheers for that Robb, interesting stuff :thumbsup:

steve

Social source share

"Lonely In A Crowd" was the first to come out on Westbound. 1012 did not. There was no re-issue of 1012 as far as I know.

That said Dynamics #1011 was reissued because it was re-mixed. This is most easily spotted from the fact that one of the issues only has a single line border to the box round the label name, rather than the usual two (as shown in the scans above).

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

That said Dynamics #1011 was reissued because it was re-mixed. This is most spotted from the fact that one of the issues only has a single line border to the box round the label name, rather than the usual two (as shown in the scans above).

Cheers

Richard

I'd have thought personally about £50 for a minter these days Mick?

For me, it's their best record, and sounds perfect in a crossover set.

steve

cheers for that Robb, interesting stuff :thumbsup:

steve

Just to confirm that this also has "95" and D 1012A scratched in the run out, along with the Nashville etch.

Maybe times played tricks on me and I'm thinking of Richard's comment about #1011.

Although it is still a surprise to me as mine is a very clean record for a 1960's release, looks almost brand new.

Soulsource is a great place to learn from others in respect of this music we all love.

Thanks very much for everyone's input.

Mick

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert