Cheap And Desperate! - Lou Pride Pressings

Guest Paul

post-3850-1134353082_thumb.jpg

Another day has come and gone and yet another dreadful look-a-like pressing turns up, ending any plans for legitimate releases from which the artist / composer would have received financial benefit. But at least all these cheap and desperate repro 45s are contributing to the dwindling economy in some regions of this country... the Staffs and Notts areas in particular it seems.

Paul Mooney

www.millbrand.com

Edited by Paul
Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

These have been out for over a month and were sold as legitimate repressings
I can't for the life of meunderstand why anybody would spend a tenner on one of these rather dubious looking re-presses when they could buy Lou Pride's new album called "Keep On Believing" for a couple of quid more.

IMVHO it's one of the strongest albums of the year & features Lou's new version of I'm Com'un Home In The Morn'un.

At least if you buy the album you know the cash ends up in Lou's pocket.

You know it make's sense...

BTW Congratulation's on the new arrival Pete, looks a bonnie lad ph34r.gif

Social source share

These have been out for over a month and were sold as legitimate repressings

Hello Pete,

I used the Lou Pride single as an example. If it was a "legitimate repressing" a mechanical license would have been applied for via MCPS - that's a statutory requirement in this country. As we own the publishing rights to the song, I can confirm that didn't happen.

The same goes for all the other repro 45s.

Paul Mooney

Social source share

If you go back a few weeks in sales you'll find one of my lists which has this record for sale on it, someone else asked about the laqbel/copyright etc and I replied I know absolutely bugger all about it, I and many others just buy them in to sell on. But the question may have been answered on that thread.

Social source share

If you go back a few weeks in sales you'll find one of my lists which has this record for sale on it, someone else asked about the laqbel/copyright etc and I replied I know absolutely bugger all about it, I and many others just buy them in to sell on. But the question may have been answered on that thread.

Thanks Pete, I missed that thread.

Paul Mooney

Social source share

I can't for the life of meunderstand why anybody would spend a tenner on one of these rather dubious looking re-presses ...

I agree with you, although I've just bought one myself now - but I have my reasons for that. By the way, it cost £4.00 although some dealers are selling copies for more.

Paul Mooney

Social source share

It's just pure greed :thumbsup: ,and someone's idea to earn a quick buck.No wonder quite a lot of these old soul artist's have become broke and destitute.

Well that plus the fact nobody bought their records when they were released 40 years ago, their managers and publishers and labels ripped them off etc...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert