Edwin Starr And Sean Connery

when edwin starr released agent double o soul he made a small film with sean connery called OO soul meets OO7 has any body ever seen it or better still has any body got a copy of it.....not made this up its in a book called MOTOWN the history written by sharon davis in 1988 ......cant find anything on you tube ......so can anyone help out with this one...

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I was very honoured to have Edwin invite my wife and i for a meal a few years ago, he shared with me how he came up with the idea of some of his tunes, and i remember the story well from agent 00 soul,

He said he had returned to his room from a visit to see a James bond film switched on the radio and the DJ went by the name of.....Soul Agent......hence Edwin came up with Agent 00 Soul as a title and song,

Edwin shared lots of great stuff that night and tommorow my daughter and i will place a rose on Edwins grave as it is the anniversary of his sad passing 2nd April my daughters birthday.....and her ring tone SOS....

Regards Mal

Social source share

Might like to read the end of paragraph 4.

https://www.blue

sandsoul.com/feature/602/40_years_of_war/

As I said to Kev Farley, the story is a myth.

Edwin told me that 30 years ago and I was the last person to interview him for Smooth Radio before he died.

He had no idea how the story got started. Possibly Joanne Bratton who managed Golden World and full of marketing ideas.

There is no way the biggest movie star in the world in 1965 would have entertained such trivialities.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert