Favourite Dance Floor In The Uk Current Venues

So what's your favourite dance floor, I realise it's only personal opinion. I've purposely not asked for the least favourite as that could be a bit contentious :)

In no particular order

Stoke

Aqua (do they still have soul nights there)

Rugby (both rooms)

Willington

Goodyears

Brighouse Ritz

That'll do for a start, any others worth a mention?

423506_379672802043519_377388945605238_1518695_727573651_n.jpg

Edited by steve
Social source share

Guest chrislokeh

Was a proper dance studio, KGB dance school, Sprung dancefloor and did it Bounce. :yes::yes::D

Yes it was.I was gutted when i went back to the KGB and found out the old nighter place was a snooker hall and the soul night was in the back room.
Social source share

Guest Droylsdonian

I can't say I was too impressed with the floor in T K Maxx, Stockport.

If you are going to play AS's 'You've been gone too long' as part of your loop, nationwide, you have a responsibility to provide a decent floor, imco.

Social source share

The thing about Brid spa is 4 out of the 5 rooms are dance floors wall to wall--all Canadian Maple as well.

main room at Brid is fully sprung, its also reputedly the largest sprung dance floor in Europe!

My first dance on my new knee was on there as well......

I always enjoyed the challenge of the 100 Club floor is it me or does it slope as well ? Love it !

Rob

• Helpful 1
Social source share

RE: WHISPERIN BOB ..........

That guy came on the 1998 US Soul Trip to Vegas ..........

he was a real pain in the arse; made me think his name should have been WHISPERIN KNOB !!!

........ BTW, does Pontins Prestatyn still count as a 'current venue' ???

If so, I nominate the mainroom dance floor there.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Not familiar with ANY of the places previously mentioned although the Mecca and Torch had decent flooors, BUT, if you can dance the floor should'nt matter, having said that New years eve went up to the Fist Full of Soul do,I wont comment on the floor, sounds were great BUT like dancing on treacle, BEST floor had to B the Devils Den at the California ball room, been off ceen for 35 years, till Kimbo and co dragged me out of retirement, recent top floor had to b the the Pembo, magic flooor......no talc required, hope the new venue is as good

Edited by ZootSuit
Social source share

1. Wilton

2. Bridlington Spa (especially the Sunday session, when it's not as busy)

Someone mentioned the Manchester Ritz I think? Frxggin ell, I was there the other Sunday, following the refurb, and the floor bounced so much I wish I'd have worn a high impact sports bra and taken sea legs :lol: It was fun though :thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

1. Wilton

2. Bridlington Spa (especially the Sunday session, when it's not as busy)

Someone mentioned the Manchester Ritz I think? Frxggin ell, I was there the other Sunday, following the refurb, and the floor bounced so much I wish I'd have worn a high impact sports bra and taken sea legs :lol: It was fun though :thumbsup:

Ali,me being a gentleman I would have steadied the ship for you,just thinking of that spooooort braaaaaa :hypo::lol:

Atb.Kev :hypocrite:

Social source share

Ali,me being a gentleman I would have steadied the ship for you,just thinking of that spooooort braaaaaa :hypo::lol:

Atb.Kev :hypocrite:

Ewww Kev, the high impact ones :wink: are like armour, and not very flattering, still, it would have saved me having two black eyes when I walked out of the Ritz on Sunday night :lol:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Nowt wrong with 100 club floor.!!! Just need to "learn" it. :)ery

I think I know every lump & bump on the 100 Club dance floor, over the years we've been 'based' all over, from Mod Corner through to t'other side of the stage, were when there I currently reside.....Kev is right, you just gotta know that floor then its fine !!!

Best Russ

• Helpful 1
Social source share

So what's your favourite dance floor, I realise it's only personal opinion. I've purposely not asked for the least favourite as that could be a bit contentious :)

In no particular order

Stoke

Aqua (do they still have soul nights there)

Rugby (both rooms)

Willington

Goodyears

Brighouse Ritz

That'll do for a start, any others worth a mention?

This wasn't bad Winnie, if you could get on it :)

post-5777-0-61673100-1333980083_thumb.jp

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest lambrettanik

ooh dance floors there's been a few over the years funny nobody has mentioned w.c or the mecca main room!?.the ritz manchester before they extended the stage.parr hall(bounces like the ritz did).stoke (kings and queens hall) blackburn-tony's and king georges,yep brid and the tower ballroom blackpool awesome,ritz brighouse.monaco in wigan,orrell st james (little venue big floor)birchley st marys excellent floor for a small venue.the list goes on-the worst thats easier,any concrete,tiled and floorboarded venue.been to some venues with dance floors that slope and some had chunks of floor missing and patched up with plywood(tiffs at wigan)or metal sheeting :ohmy: !!!!!

Social source share

Guest lambrettanik

i must say this is one of my favourite subjects on the scene.keep it going with pics of some "sassy wooden expanses".think some one should do a best dance floors from the past thread as well.and yeh ive used talc at every venue ive been too,no matter how good the floor or what shoes ive worn :thumbup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!