Favourite Dance Floor In The Uk Current Venues

So what's your favourite dance floor, I realise it's only personal opinion. I've purposely not asked for the least favourite as that could be a bit contentious :)

In no particular order

Stoke

Aqua (do they still have soul nights there)

Rugby (both rooms)

Willington

Goodyears

Brighouse Ritz

That'll do for a start, any others worth a mention?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest ritchie

OXFORD SOUL CLUB It's Sprung Maple , does it get any better?? Comments from the many travelling dances is............. "it's the BEST!!!!" :yes:

332738_1821781801162_1738733231_880950_704527212_o.jpg416649_1821203826713_1738733231_880763_324803006_o.jpg

Social source share

Guest ritchie

Will definitely be giving this a go in the near future Richie :)

Looking forward to seeing you Winnie :thumbsup: . Give us the heads up when you are thinking of coming .. Hippos doing June, Sean ,September ,Moldie ,Oct & Soul Sam December..
Social source share

Looking forward to seeing you Winnie :thumbsup: . Give us the heads up when you are thinking of coming .. Hippos doing June, Sean ,September ,Moldie ,Oct & Soul Sam December..

Soul Sam would be a definite and if it doesn't fall on the same night as snooks in June, then that's a strong possibility :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest ritchie

Soul Sam would be a definite and if it doesn't fall on the same night as snooks in June, then that's a strong possibility :thumbsup:

Just checked and sadly it does clash June 9th. I really would have liked to go have gone to Snooks that night too .. Doh ..

Social source share

Just checked and sadly it does clash June 9th. I really would have liked to go have gone to Snooks that night too .. Doh ..

:( ...Never mind Rich, there's always October :thumbsup: Oxford looks good too, so I'll be trying that sometime (but not in June obviously :D )

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

Not currently in use, but notre dame hall in London was pretty special !

Edited by Polyvelts
Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Empire Hall in Southampton has a pretty good large dance floor as good as Rugby imho, Wilton superb, Lifeline, Bisley sometimes. Kent soul Club to name a few

Social source share

No worries Richie, I'll get there for either Sean or Moldie's night :thumbsup:

Not currently in use, but notre dame hall in London was pretty special !

Absolutely exquisite floor, and any night that had Rixy as a resident was going to be a winner :thumbsup:

Empire Hall in Southampton has a pretty good large dance floor as good as Rugby imho, Wilton superb, Lifeline, Bisley sometimes. Kent soul Club to name a few

Had forgotten about Bisley Bearsy, yeah, nice dance floor :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

Can't make the pic any bigger so can't read what it says above the door, where is it?

Just thought of another one I like, the Parkway club in peterborough

You are right Winnie.........great dance floor( best in East Anglia !!!!) the beers cheap and the music fantastic,and its on this coming Fri 6th April with special guest Ted Massey

Social source share

sheridans

middleton ( r & b ) room

pow wow sheffield

wilton

rampant lion ( no way out)

Sheff city hall

Riley hall

Beat bespoque ( r & B room )

worse floor 100 club

As you've brought up 'worst floors', can't agree with you about Sheridans being a good floor (and I loved the venue) when the condensation hit it, it became like an ice rink. I liked the little floor in the other room and actually don't mind the 100 club dance floor either :)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

As you've brought up 'worst floors', can't agree with you about Sheridans being a good floor (and I loved the venue) when the condensation hit it, it became like an ice rink. I liked the little floor in the other room and actually don't mind the 100 club dance floor either :)

but thats what i like ...ice rink every time :thumbup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Definately "The Wilton" for me, even though i tripped on some talc the first time i ever walked across it many years ago. (You really did'nt need talc) Broke my wrist....where was all the "Where there's blame there's a claim" people back then eh? :glare:

Also agree with Tony P (for once) :P Heywood Civic! and with Joan Burscough Legion. :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest chrislokeh

Sheff city hall was great on the main floor.

Ed

Best one in Sheffield K G B in the 70,s a real sprung dance floor
Social source share

No brainer really. Bridlington Spa.

Almost brand new, air conditioned (note the grills around the side), seen the roof?

Also in a stonking venue right on the East coast seafront.

Might be seen as a little biased as am involved with the venue in a small way but it really is a stunning dancefloor.

Certainly looks the part Cunnie :thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Almost brand new, air conditioned (note the grills around the side), seen the roof?

Might be seen as a little biased as am involved with the venue in a small way but it really is a stunning dancefloor.

the best venue in the uk everything is perfect ! Inc the best doorstaff and its got lifts ! Edited by TOAD
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

That is pretty impressive I must say. Imagine it full of like minded folk dancing to Eddie Parker :thumbup:

Social source share

Heres the Dancefloor @ Easington welfare Hall, we`ve had many guest dj`s from around the country and there first comments are allways WOW!!!. Its getting on for 200sq metres of wooden sprung dancefloor.

post-9749-0-26936000-1333050510_thumb.jp

This is possibly the best dancefloor in the country massive sprung floor fantastic old venue, through the wooden doors up a flight of stairs ,wall of sound as you approach the next doors bring back any memories ? Edited by johnty
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!