Emmit Long - Call Me - Donoyia

Finally managed to obtain one...winging it's way from Oz to these less sunny shores!

I'm after a bit of history on this tune really....as regards where and who first played etc...Paul Sadot...Ady Pierce?

Did search the forums and not too much info!

I'm an 82 Stafford era onwards guy but have little recollection of the tune....any help guys in filling the gaps?

Mark Jones

Shrewsbury

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Lew Stanley found the first copies, Shifty bought them immediatley, He kept one & passed the other to Soul Sam. I contacted Lew straight afterwards & had what was the last copy (of the first find), nearly caused ruptions, as the copies Shifty had were spose to be the only ones !!!.

I would say that was late 9ts, I remember Sam playing it at the Nighter at Notts County Football ground if that helps with the time

line ?.

I'll be playing it at Deep South Easter Saturday, alongside other bumpin' Soulful dancers from across the decades.

Best Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Lew Stanley found the first copies, Shifty bought them immediatley, He kept one & passed the other to Soul Sam. I contacted Lew straight afterwards & had what was the last copy (of the first find), nearly caused ruptions, as the copies Shifty had were spose to be the only ones !!!.

Best Russ

Yeah, you beat me by a couple of days on it!! :yes:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Dave, couldn't remember who the other buyer was, but Bob has picked up many 45's from me over the years, so its highly likely. Trying to work out why I didn't keep one!!! Regards, Lee

i remember him telling me..must be 6 or 7 years ago about £250 i think...might have been cheaper

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

I got mine from Anglo American for about £150.00 this was used on the "Function up the junction " C.D. This was over 10 years ago as i was living in Ashby when I had it,and Tim had a couple but i think they came from either Andy Dyson or Tim Ashebende (?) regards Simon.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!