Pete S

• Replies 107
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Yeah it is, but I never heard of it/heard it played anywhere...yet it was on an old emidisc

...er.... I used to play it a few years ago!! wink.gif

Cheers

Paddy

Social source share

Yeah it is, but I never heard of it/heard it played anywhere...yet it was on an old emidisc

It was played a lot at Wigan around late 74 when they had loads of instrumentals. Some good backing tracks, others crap synth soussan shite like Johnny Sayles & Sam & Kitty.

Paul

Social source share

It was played a lot at Wigan around late 74 when they had loads of instrumentals. Some good backing tracks, others crap synth soussan shite like Johnny Sayles & Sam & Kitty.

Paul

It was also played the last year or so of Wigan when Russ seemed to go through phase of playing what seemed obvious records with the vocals stripped off, bloody awful one this. I heard they were Soussain at that time but didn't realise they were years old, Though he had bought one of those new fangled computers very very posh folks had in those days!!

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

Two absolute classics. Pass me more drugs please.

I wasn't dissing Johnny Sayles, or Sam & Kitty, just the instrumental versions played by Soussan. One brilliant(imho) instrumental that was around at the same time but was legit although covered up was "I Miss My Baby", by the Lebaron Strings(name that tune laugh.gif )

Paul

Social source share

Its "The New world" on Bang 553 by The Burning Emotions and its for sale at £5.00 to ayone who wants to take it off my hands.

I've always thought that was the backing track to "What Shall I Do"...... with a few , erm, sound affects added. laugh.gif

And I've heard it somewhere fairly recently biggrin.gif

Social source share

I've always thought that was the backing track to "What Shall I Do"...... with a few , erm, sound affects added. laugh.gif

It is, basically - one of the many tracks using the same backing biggrin.gif

Social source share

Hello

...and it's also 'The New World' (Burning Emotion), a variant of "What Shall I Do" (Frankie & The Classicals), "Moonlight, Music And You" (Laura Greene), "The Beautiful Place" (Mark Johnson) "The World Again" (Honey Adams), 'After The Session' (The Subway Riders) and others. Teddy Vann really got some mileage out of this track!

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Wigan circa 74 shite then shite now. Soussain needs a kick in the bollox then and still does!!!

Question??? Anyone know whos behind Northern Soul Productions????

Edited by OoooRICKoooO
Social source share

Hello

...and it's also 'The New World' (Burning Emotion), a variant of "What Shall I Do" (Frankie & The Classicals), "Moonlight, Music And You" (Laura Greene), "The Beautiful Place" (Mark Johnson) "The World Again" (Honey Adams), 'After The Session' (The Subway Riders) and others. Teddy Vann really got some mileage out of this track!

Paul Mooney

Honey Townsend mate, not Adams ... thats the best of all of those insts

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

Its "The New world" on Bang 553 by The Burning Emotions and its for sale at £5.00 to ayone who wants to take it off my hands.

my mate used to collect records with the same backing track, and there are 8 we know of with frankie/classicals or laura green backing track, try getting a "new world" on abc, its a diferent recording and a lot worse

Social source share

Honey Townsend mate, not Adams ... thats the best of all of those insts

Yes it's the full version with no overdubbed effects, but I thought it was Townsend not Adams. Are you thinking about June Adams ...or am I getting mixed up?

Paul

Social source share

'The Beautiful Place' has birdy noises as well, doesn't it?

Actually they sound more like squeeling pigs (or other distressed animals of the porcine family) although I'm not really an expert on famyard noises.

Maybe the pigs were trying to impersonate birds?

You should ask Pete Smith, I think he spends a lot of time on farms, talking to animals. whistling.gif

Paul

Social source share

Another record with wierd and wonderful noises is Human jungle by The Fugitives complete with Tarzan sounds and a baby crying at the end. Havent heard this for years. Brilliant!

Believe it or not, I love 'The Human Jungle'. It was a work of art - and one of the earliest examples of primative 'sampling'. The connection is that it was also produced by Teddy Vann who was often very adventurous.

Paul Mooney

Social source share

...and its for sale at £5.00 to ayone who wants to take it off my hands.

Wrap it up, I'll take it ...but it's for a friend, of course.

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Hello

Paul Mooney

Also heard of an unissued RCA track by the Cheerleaders using the same Teddy Vann backing track & F & Classicals Anybody heard this??

Ian

Social source share

Talking of weird instrumentals. I'm still after a soundfile of Shadows and Reflections - The Loneley Crowde. Not coz it's good just weird and I ain't heard it since The Fleet days.

Anyone please!

Social source share

On the subject of backing tracks, where is "In the Pocket" by Detroit Strings(?) available? Absolute killer instrumental version of "Our Love is in the Pocket".

I'd love to get that and the instrumental of Honey & the bees "Never in a Million Years". Clear versions. I've got already got low-fi web files.

Would love some info.

KTF

Jas

ps. I MUST have the "fast" alternate version of Too Many People by Bobby Goldsboro, too.

Social source share

On the subject of backing tracks, where is "In the Pocket" by Detroit Strings(?) available? Absolute killer instrumental version of "Our Love is in the Pocket".

I'd love to get that and the instrumental of Honey & the bees "Never in a Million Years". Clear versions. I've got already got low-fi web files.

Would love some info.

KTF

Jas

ps. I MUST have the "fast" alternate version of Too Many People by Bobby Goldsboro, too.

That Detroit Strings (which actually has no strings on it) isn't a version of OLIITP mate, it's just got passages that sound a lot like it.

I've got a Never In A Million Years inst for sale next week but it's got the mighty Don't Turn Your Back On Me by Jack Montgomery on the other side so there's always a demand.

I can send you an mp3 of the Bobby Goldsboro if you want it.

Social source share

Believe it or not, I love 'The Human Jungle'. It was a work of art - and one of the earliest examples of primative 'sampling'. The connection is that it was also produced by Teddy Vann who was often very adventurous.

Paul Mooney

====

if u take away the tarzan bit and jungle effects its not a bad record

ive had the roulette demo for ages and still play at home occasionally

still want this track on a live wigan tape if anyones got one?

thanks

mark

Talking of weird instrumentals. I'm still after a soundfile of Shadows and Reflections - The Loneley Crowde. Not coz it's good just weird and I ain't heard it since The Fleet days.

Anyone please!

====

hi steve

got this on cd for u if u want one

had an issue of this on mgm but now have the demo

i like personally but not in vogue these days,,

Social source share

Here you go .... proper northern sou!

Thanks Simon. Even catchier 27 years later :ohmy: . Ripe for reactivation :thumbsup::lol:

====

hi steve

got this on cd for u if u want one

had an issue of this on mgm but now have the demo

i like personally but not in vogue these days,,

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!