The Original Of "i Can't Take No More" - Could It Be?

Gene-r

After my question regarding a UK recording of "I Can't Take No More" by Ted Wilson (given that it was written by Les Reed and Barry Mason), I've just found the following clip.

The data I've managed to find on it so far is:

JASON CORD & THE FIRST CHAPTER: "I Can't Take No More Of Your Lies (Les Reed, Barry Mason) Chapter 1 (CH 102).

Released 14 June 1968 (B-side to "I've Got My Eyes On You").

Could this be the original?

Edited by Gene-R
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

After my question regarding a UK recording of "I Can't Take No More" by Ted Wilson (given that it was written by Les Reed and Barry Mason), I've just found the following clip.

The data I've managed to find on it so far is:

JASON CORD & THE FIRST CHAPTER: "I Can't Take No More Of Your Lies (Les Reed, Barry Mason) Chapter 1 (CH 102).

Released 14 June 1968 (B-side to "I've Got My Eyes On You").

Could this be the original?

Definitely the original, I've been trying to find this out for a decade! Great work. See the producer, he was a member of Teardrop Explodes - so I thought, except the Teardrop Explodes guy was born in 1958 so he would have done this one when he was 10 years old. :huh:

Social source share

Strange how the UK Jason Cord issue states the publishers as being Donna Music, yet the Ted Wilson lists the publishers as Leo Feist Music.

That said, just seen that Jason Cord was also given a US release on Chapter 1 (45-2901). Publisher also listed as Leo Feist Music on that one too.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Certainly cheaper than I thought they'd be on UK Pete! There's no UK copies on ebay (a couple of US). It may go higher now its been exposed. More MOD than Northern though.

Yeah def not Northern, I just bought it to put with my 60's curiosities - probably never play it

Social source share

Stumbled across a Belgium copy today...on Chapter One complete with picture sleeve...as you do when digging in Tokyo for vinyl! Yet to find a Ted Wilson over here, mind!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert