Combinations What 'cha Gonna Do On Kellmac

snooky

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

That's the biggest pile of rubbish I've ever heard................I normally get accused of only liking rare 45's............you just can't win. rofl.gif

well I think it sometimes happens.

yuo quite clearly think it never happens.

lets just agree to disagree.

its a public forum where you will get different opinions on pretty much every topic that is being discussed.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

No Bob never had it or seen it ,infact strangely enough the only time anyone else mentioned this to me was when we met in Chicago some years ago i found the Combinations that trip also two days before we flew home !

Maybe a local urban myth the dreams ...

It's weird, I don't know where info like that would come from. Maybe company files or something? It still constantly surprises me how many unknown chicago records turn up.

Maybe Rod has some opinion on the CODs re: other copies.

Why is everyone saying the winning bidder could have put in $9000+? The winning bidder clearly put in a bid of $8500 because he won by less than the minimum bid increment. Phil maybe this will convert you to sniping, most have free trials and there is a totally free one gixen.com

Social source share

well I think it sometimes happens.

yuo quite clearly think it never happens.

lets just agree to disagree.

its a public forum where you will get different opinions on pretty much every topic that is being discussed.

I must appologise then Dylan, because I thought you were having a go at me.

Social source share

Why is everyone saying the winning bidder could have put in $9000+? The winning bidder clearly put in a bid of $8500 because he won by less than the minimum bid increment. Phil maybe this will convert you to sniping, most have free trials and there is a totally free one gixen.com

The winning bidder could have put $18000.00 but the second highest bidder only placed a bid of $8488.00 so the winning bid goes to $8500 with the bid increments :yes: He who dares wins.

I just lost a record for $2.52 and I have no idea what the winner bidder placed on the record but he beat me.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

The winning bidder could have put $18000.00 but the second highest bidder only placed a bid of $8488.00 so the winning bid goes to $8500 with the bid increments :yes: He who dares wins.

I just lost a record for $2.52 and I have no idea what the winner bidder placed on the record but he beat me.

The winner could not have put in $18,000. The minimum bid increment at that price point is $100:

https://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/bid-increments.html

If the winner put in $18,000, the final price would be the previous bidder's bid + the minimum bid increment, which is equal to $8488 + 100 = $8588

Because the final bid was less than $8588, you know that they didn't put in a bid high enough to meet the minimum bid increment, so you know that the high bidder bid exactly $8500

Social source share

Exactly! All the other bids I put in 8088, 8188, 8288 etc were all beaten by $100. The $8488 was only bid up to $8500 which tells me that was his max bid

If the guy had $8501 bid placed Phil it was your own bids that were taken up by $100 every time yo placed a bid, you never placed enough to out bid him, he placed his top bid a minute before your $8088 bid.

The same with the 3rd highest bidder, he placed his top bid a full 4 mins before you Phil so you were only chasing him.

Social source share

I definitely agree with you. Crap song. Doesn't surprise me it didn't sell.

I understand the ballad flip is rather nice, is it on youtube? anyone?

"she's fire" totally rules. You're all wrong! :) The only bad CODs track is "coming back to you girl", that track blows. Anyways, the killer ballad "it must be love" is the flip of both records, fortunately:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

The high bidder bid exactly $8500 and could not have bid anything else based on the bid history. I explained it above.

I disagree, Bob its a $12.00 difference between the finishing bids, your only reference is Phil's bid $200.00 bid increments but by his own admission he placed them. Unless you know the bidder you cannot say what the maximum bid is unless 2 bidders bid the same amount then the 1st bidder wins.

I see what your looking at now Bob the Automated bid list on the total bidding list and thats quiet random.

Ok so I placed a bid a $445 but my bid was good till $450 but he had to have $452.50 to win, so yes it makes sence a little.

Social source share

This is the bid history:

https://offer.ebay.co...em=330700876973

The way ebay works is different from a regular auction, because the amount you bid is not the amount you pay. It is called a "proxy" bidding system where it will automatically incrementally bid for you, by the minimum bid increment, up to your max. If your max is less than the second highest bidder's maximum bid plus the minimum bid increment, it will still go through exactly at your max if the current bid price + one bid increment is less than your max.

So the exact play-by-play history of what happened in this case is this:

it's 4:01:55. The third bidder is in the lead, and the price is $7588.00, which one bid increment above the 4th bidder's $7488 max. at 10:13:25, the 1st bidder put in a bid (of $8500 or whatever). This knocks the price up to $7921 (one bid increment above bidder #3's $7821 max). At 10:14:08, the second bidder (Phil) put in a bid of $8088. That knocked the price up to $8188, as it will increase the highest bidder's bid by one bid increment until it hits the high bidder's max. At 10:14:22 Phil rebids at $8288. The price goes up to $8388 because it went one bid increment above Phil's bid again. At 10:14:41 Phil rebids at $8488. It only goes up to $8500. If the high bidder had bid more than Phil's bid + the bid increment, it would have gone up to $8588. But it didn't, revealing that the high bidder was not a bid increment above Phil and the price was $8500.

I don't know how to better explain this. This is on some JFK assassination frame-by-frame analysis type thing. If you disagree, tell me what part of the history I describe is wrong. Sorry to rewrite this so many times (if you saw the edit), I think the history is correct now.

Social source share

Weird????? after looking at the bids I see bidding with 88 as being unlucky for Phil.

No not weird Bob amused :huh: I have never seen that Automated bid button :g: before although I do find it strange were someone puts an automated bid $224.00 12th March and never checks the bid again to see if was any use.

I'm not calling you weird and obsessive, I'm saying I'm weird and obsessive...

Social source share

The high bidder bid exactly $8500 and could not have bid anything else based on the bid history. I explained it above.

Is it just me, but I don´t understand that whole lenghty argument about what the top bid was at all ?

I mean, does it really matter who bid how much and what his/her hihest bid was ? I mean, its a bit like ging to a peep show isnt it :wink: ?!

It sold for 8501 USD. Full stop.

Social source share

Is it just me, but I don´t understand that whole lenghty argument about what the top bid was at all ?

I mean, does it really matter who bid how much and what his/her hihest bid was ? I mean, its a bit like ging to a peep show isnt it :wink: ?!

It sold for 8501 USD. Full stop.

come on, you can troll me better than that...

Social source share

I wouldn't know Marc. Never been to one......... :hypocrite:

Social source share

It's weird, I don't know where info like that would come from. Maybe company files or something? It still constantly surprises me how many unknown chicago records turn up.

Maybe Rod has some opinion on the CODs re: other copies.

I've already signed up now :thumbsup:

This record is not going to come up again any time soon.

Social source share

I've already signed up now :thumbsup:

This record is not going to come up again any time soon.

Don't be too sure Phil. Big prices on a public auction, combined with a world wide recession..........I never expected to see Esther Grant [3 copies] and Mr Lucky etc. go through eBay, but they have. Like somebody said earlier in another thread, the world wide web has proved that these records aren't as rare as we thought they were. Good luck with your quest, business must be good.

Social source share

Don't be too sure Phil. Big prices on a public auction, combined with a world wide recession..........I never expected to see Esther Grant [3 copies] and Mr Lucky etc. go through eBay, but they have. Like somebody said earlier in another thread, the world wide web has proved that these records aren't as rare as we thought they were. Good luck with your quest, business must be good.

High credit card limits mate :D

Social source share

All very complicated. All I know is I didn't win it and I'm gutted, as if I'd been a tiny bit quicker off the mark I would have :(

Sorry you didn't win it Phil. I think the real lesson though, for e-bay auctions at least (where there is a strict finishing time), is to actually place a high enough bid safely within the time limit to cover your absolute maximum. No need for sniping or trying to react to other bidders' behaviour.

Even if you snipe you will ultimately lose out if a higher maximum bid is placed in time (either manually or by snipe) by someone else.

Social source share

She's Fire is the better record, hands down. It's actually got a classic collision of harmony/melody that the best vocal group stuff should have. The Combinations is a throwaway two-chord drone-piece by comparison.

Forget about the tempo alone for once!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

absolutely correct.

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!