Soulsource Record Club Record Of The Day 2012 (Spring)

Had this a few weeks now & only managed to play it out once but it sounded brill,got a good dancefloor reaction too which I was well chuffed with.Always reminds me of James Brown-Money Won't Change You King

Lee Webber-Seventh Son Excello

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Guest east rob

I dont know if I had forgotten this, or never knew it in the first place..but got this recently. brill! (imho)

the deck on the vid seems to run slow. (or mine runs fast) :g:

Social source share

Nice little mover from me today,love his voice.Always think it has that southern feel to it.Had the odd play (remember Chalky playing it at one time,might even of been him who put me onto it??) without been that well known.Not one you see listed that much but when it is it's only a cheapie.

Clarence Ashe-She Said I'd Be A Failure J & S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCqqLwMA74Q

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest east rob

Nice little mover from me today,love his voice.Always think it has that southern feel to it.Had the odd play (remember Chalky playing it at one time,might even of been him who put me onto it??) without been that well known.Not one you see listed that much but when it is it's only a cheapie.

Clarence Ashe-She Said I'd Be A Failure J & S

Cheers

Martyn

nice tune, added to my ever-growing wants list :thumbup:

jive fyve today

Edited by east rob
Social source share

This morning's offering: For some unfathomable reason I sold my Pama copy of this about about 7/8 years ago to a fellow S-Sourcer and haven't managed to replace it yet. Just missed out on a PhilLA Demo too. The hunt gpes on! Great old school 'banger!

Dave

Bloody hell newie to me,what a great bit of good old fashioned northern :thumbup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Wigan oldie from me today...........

Marvin Holmes & Justice-You Better Keep Her Brown Door

Cheers

Martyn

Pure class Martyn, still under rated for some weird reason too. Just a great record whatever type of 'soul' fan you are.

Nice one

Social source share

This morning's offering: For some unfathomable reason I sold my Pama copy of this about about 7/8 years ago to a fellow S-Sourcer and haven't managed to replace it yet. Just missed out on a PhilLA Demo too. The hunt gpes on! Great old school 'banger!

like the instrumental version too.

gary

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest east rob

with the unissued Jimmy Delphs track on the other thread,remembered this.

other side is "Almost" on a nice Carla WDJ.

Social source share

My tune is an old Wheel play from 1970 LP version of Spread your love Jimmy Holiday (the single version my tune is an old Wheel play from 1970 LP version of SPREAD YOUR LOVE by JIMMY HOLIDAY on Minit

(the single version is a slowie)

PS the same album contains the bet version of I've got to live while I can

Regards

Brian

Edited by bri. phill
Social source share

Great little number that punches far above its price tag - Delores Hall - Good Lovin Man

Edited by MrC
Social source share