Denbo

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest posstot

Please send me a message / PM with condition and asking price for the following 45;

Joe Hinton - Funny - ABC / Dunhill "Goldies 45" D-1493

Thanks for looking.

Why not the Back beat?

Social source share

Guest Decroco

i have three but i do have mental health problems...

some idiot was trying to knock one out as a 'buy it now' on t'bay for 125 quid...

Social source share

Methinks he is after the other side, if so top tune and also on the lp

Had actually been meaning to ask about this on here, why it ended up on this label and not originally released.

Presumably the flip was added as an afterthought - ABC Dunhill had aquired the Duke/Peacock/Backbeat catalog and obviously decided to start cashing in on it.

Funny was Joe's biggest hit - I can't imagine anyone at ABC sitting down and planning to put out an LP only track for any other reason than it being the first tape thay grabbed from the shelf.

Social source share

Presumably the flip was added as an afterthought - ABC Dunhill had aquired the Duke/Peacock/Backbeat catalog and obviously decided to start cashing in on it.

Funny was Joe's biggest hit - I can't imagine anyone at ABC sitting down and planning to put out an LP only track for any other reason than it being the first tape thay grabbed from the shelf.

well amen to that! ..... bit like the gadgy at Musicor when they re-issued Porgy's "My Heart Cries" .... "can't find Think Twice Before You Walk away!.... this one will do??"

I'd like to think someone with a bit of taste said "let's try this!"

Denbo! hope ya find one, was a $4 record in the cheap bin when I got it a few years back, and for ages peeps said it was LP only! Would expect it to be a real cheap one, when it turns up. and they will.

I blame Tim Brown anyway, for putting it on his "Beat Ballad Heaven" cd! :D

steve

Social source share

well amen to that! ..... bit like the gadgy at Musicor when they re-issued Porgy's "My Heart Cries" .... "can't find Think Twice Before You Walk away!.... this one will do??"

I'd like to think someone with a bit of taste said "let's try this!"

Denbo! hope ya find one, was a $4 record in the cheap bin when I got it a few years back, and for ages peeps said it was LP only! Would expect it to be a real cheap one, when it turns up. and they will.

I blame Tim Brown anyway, for putting it on his "Beat Ballad Heaven" cd! :D

steve

Thanks Ste.

Social source share

Source Advert