Kings Hall Main Room Sat 3 March

Guest Marky Tee

As requested from another thread,,,, Now,,,I was first on last Sat ,,,the doors opened slighly early,,, as soon as people came in they were on the dance floor,,, by 9-15 the place was rocking,,,, Sean followed me by 10pm the place was heaving,,,The Crystal CLEAR Deck Cams were rolling ,,, i have to say it was a great atmosphere!!

Nige Brown ,, 8-55 thru 10 pm

YOUNGHEARTS -- (theme for the Kings Hall) A LITTLE TOGETHERNESS -- CANTURBURY Demo

Got in just as Exciters were playing, great start to a great nite. Edited by Marky Tee
Social source share

So just goes to show that no thought goes into dj­ng :sleep3: why play a record twice at an oldies do? not enough to choose from :ohmy: or frightened to empty a packed dance floor, surely it is unlikely that a (top) dj would take enough sounds that to repeat play would be unneccassary

Steve

ps love the Superlatives........but a serious comment :yes:

How the hell would a DJ coming on at 3 am know what the first DJ played at 9.30pm?

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Phil Armstrong

How the hell would a DJ coming on at 3 am know what the first DJ played at 9.30pm?

Because He/She is a Professional

Social source share

Because He/She is a Professional

Noted....all "Professional" DJs must arrive at venue before the start and make notes of all records played until their set to avoid duplication..........if you are playing a set in another room please ensure your PA is taking notes .......

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Ehh! FFS This is a wind up right?

Just have to say... glad it was played again....had an opportunity to dance to it

IMO. When an event goes on for 8-10 hours sometimes a popular record is played twice, and this aint bad imo as it gives the later attendees a chance to hear it, so no complaints from me.

PS. The music at the Kings is mainly top drawer as are the DJ`s

Edited by PeteSi
Social source share

LOOK guys THIS AINT ON TOPIC!1

THis is a LOOK Back PLAYLIST Thread askd for by one of the Modertators

If ya want to start a trouble junky thread about REPEATS (an OLD Chessnut ,,,) DO IT ON A NEW THREAD!!

Dont Hi Jack mine with ya stupid boring " said it all before" comments about repeats frusty2.gif

Many Thanks :thumbsup:

back that up bro, top spot again and cheers for request...fook off and put yer gripes on the "world's no.1" thread and anyway......HOW CAN ANYONE POSSIBLY EXPECT ALL DJS TO TURN UP ATSAME TIME?, TAKING INTO ACCOUNT TRAVELLING DISTANCE AND WETHER THEY'RE WORKING SOMEWHERE ELSE BEFOREHAND, WHICH AT THIS JUNCTURE, IS A SIGN OF THEIR POPULARITY.they may even be at work, they may have families to attend to as well as a social life outside of the scene.....any number of LEGITIMATE REASONS REALLY!. i'll be brutally frank right here, right now....the djs at the kings hall HAVE gone to the trouble of avoiding repeats where possible, infact if im on stage, on many an occasion, ginger, kingy and others have asked me about whats been played because im pretty observant in that department...if it just so happens that THE SUPERLATIVES was subject to a repeat during the course of the niter, is that tantemount to overkill then?...perhaps some people are failing to notice ONCE AGAIN, that a good many tunes have been locked away in the drawers gathering dust, waiting for the right moment to be reactivated and WITH the influx of so many youngsters who want to experience the adrenalin of "THE STOMPER", the right moment happens to be NOW!! and if its asked for again during the night then STOP POLITICISING AND PLAY THE FOOKIN RECORD ranting_1.gif !!

Social source share

back that up bro, top spot again and cheers for request...fook off and put yer gripes on the "world's no.1" thread and anyway......HOW CAN ANYONE POSSIBLY EXPECT ALL DJS TO TURN UP ATSAME TIME?, TAKING INTO ACCOUNT TRAVELLING DISTANCE AND WETHER THEY'RE WORKING SOMEWHERE ELSE BEFOREHAND, WHICH AT THIS JUNCTURE, IS A SIGN OF THEIR POPULARITY.they may even be at work, they may have families to attend to as well as a social life outside of the scene.....any number of LEGITIMATE REASONS REALLY!. i'll be brutally frank right here, right now....the djs at the kings hall HAVE gone to the trouble of avoiding repeats where possible, infact if im on stage, on many an occasion, ginger, kingy and others have asked me about whats been played because im pretty observant in that department...if it just so happens that THE SUPERLATIVES was subject to a repeat during the course of the niter, is that tantemount to overkill then?...perhaps some people are failing to notice ONCE AGAIN, that a good many tunes have been locked away in the drawers gathering dust, waiting for the right moment to be reactivated and WITH the influx of so many youngsters who want to experience the adrenalin of "THE STOMPER", the right moment happens to be NOW!! and if its asked for again during the night then STOP POLITICISING AND PLAY THE FOOKIN RECORD ranting_1.gif !!

the idea is when someone asks to drop the off topic then you drop the off topic

not drag it out further with some sort of mr angry post....

Social source share