Just Found This Jerry Butler

Yes :yes: Bob I never knew this version only The Embers.

Totaly slipped through my net. In the UK on Radio we get Simply Red, Oasis and Phill Colins all day, this could be he main reason why America is running low on rare soul records. :D

flip of millon seller moon river yep ?

like yourself only "aware" since days of net etc

there's a later version by the impressions on lp. can't recall lead details etc

think also a reggae version out there

Social source share

I have a few by him Boba and i am totaly charmed by his voice, so I will carry on the search.

Hi Tony,great Jerry Butler track.Picked up a Vee Jay wdj some time back.Never far from the turntable.......Curtis's influence running thru it...brilliance....Have you got "Lonliness".?

Edited by KevH
Social source share

flip of millon seller moon river yep ?

like yourself only "aware" since days of net etc

there's a later version by the impressions on lp. can't recall lead details etc

think also a reggae version out there

Also a version by Alan David on UK Decca which is pretty collectable.

Social source share

You can very rarely go wrong with anything that Jerry Butler has sung or been involved with....aside from the great Curis Mayfield penned and produced tunes during his time with VJ, the tunes that came out of his Music Workshop and Fountain productions are just pure class.... :yes:

If you don't know "Walk Easy My Son", then do yourself a favour.... it's been massive in my house for a couple of years... :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

'Aware of love' came out on the same Impressions lp that's got 'You ought to be in heaven' - I always thought everybody knew Jerry's and their version and assumed that was where the interest in the Embers version started (which I've now got round to getting too as part of my beachy interest!).

Anyway, if you don't know it, also check out Jerry's 'Giving up on love' absolutely superb midtempo cheapie, sounds like a million dollars....

Edited by mark w.
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!