Nolan Porter Oh Baby How Rare

Kegsy

Besides the copy I've got I dont think i've ever seen another one.

There are none on GEMM,Musicstack OR eBAY.

There are only 4 on popsike which, when compared to records that are considered quite rare thats not many,

For instance there are dozens of Frank Beverly If Thats what you wanted, which is supposed to

be quite rare, on popsike.

Is this record as rare as it would appear or is there just no demnd for it.

Kegsy

Social source share

Besides the copy I've got I dont think i've ever seen another one.

There are none on GEMM,Musicstack OR eBAY.

There are only 4 on popsike which, when compared to records that are considered quite rare thats not many,

For instance there are dozens of Frank Beverly If Thats what you wanted, which is supposed to

be quite rare, on popsike.

Is this record as rare as it would appear or is there just no demnd for it.

Kegsy

Only ever had it on the Nolan Lp-which unfortunately got nicked :(

Tony

Social source share

It's pretty rare but also I wouldn't imagine there's much demand either. I managed to find a pretty worn copy in the mid 70's which has since fled the nest but must admit I've not seen another one since on my travels.......

Mind you, that was a new release in the 70's. There should be TONS of 'em LOL...... :lol:

Ian D :D

Social source share

Only ever had it on the Nolan Lp-which unfortunately got nicked :(

Tony

i bought a u.k l.p from pete burns in probe records liverpool and left it on the bus, then i went and threw away good money after bad on a phone call to the bus company to see if anyone had handed it in :D :D :D

Social source share

this comes up every so often, its not rare, bought mine off here 6 months ago, and I've seen two since, £30 pounds or about that depending on who you buy from I guess...here's an anorak question, the label design is not the usual ABC for the period, well it is but I've not seen all that many Dice design labels, so whats the bag or label sleeve goes with the dice design label?

just wondered.

m

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

Seem to remember Steve Plumb had a good few a few years back (must be 10 years or so) and included them in his 'famous' £1 sale on Saturday afternoon at Soul Essence - I picked one up!

Hope he does it again this year :yes:

Hi Mike

Eeeee them were the days :)

It's probably not being picked up on the popsike radar as they probably go for much less than $20, although when i do get them for sale these days, i do tend to price them at £20-£25

Bloody great record imho (I actually played it at our 'So Soulful 70's' do at The Ley Inn last Saturday!)

Cheers

Steve

ps Mike - Working on a fabulous £1 box for this year at essence :yes:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL Had to get my copy out to spin, I loved this track the most. when I got the LP of Mick Smith after he bout it back from the USA 1974, "OH! BABY" Is clearly the best track on the "NOLAN" LP. and all 45s are hard to find also this did not get a UK release,

The B side is a very nice version of the REGGAE spin, and would go nice at scooter club event,

As for rare, a word that is so over used and not in context any more,

it's elusive plus hard, my copy has been through a few people over the years, and shows it's vintage, with owners names scratched in,

To get a mint copy under £50 is a mugging, it has always been about, that's why you think it's cheap? £200 in your pocket could you get 4 or 5 minty copies over the next 24 hours? :shhh: as always DAVE 69.

post-13241-0-42862800-1330403045_thumb.jpost-13241-0-65483200-1330403104_thumb.jpost-13241-0-83568700-1330403199_thumb.jPROPER SLEEVE

Social source share

this comes up every so often, its not rare, bought mine off here 6 months ago, and I've seen two since, £30 pounds or about that depending on who you buy from I guess...here's an anorak question, the label design is not the usual ABC for the period, well it is but I've not seen all that many Dice design labels, so whats the bag or label sleeve goes with the dice design label?

just wondered.

m

The copy I have isnt on the dice design label its the regular ABC design like

"If I could only Be sure".

Kegsy

Social source share

The "Dice" design or "Children's Playblocks" as I called them was Canadian ABC issues so I was told years back.

Sold a Nolan Porter - If I Could Only...... some time ago and much tougher to find than the usual US issue.

post-9122-0-82285900-1306251042_thumb.jp

ATB

Eddie

Social source share

The "Dice" design or "Children's Playblocks" as I called them was Canadian ABC issues so I was told years back.

Sold a Nolan Porter - If I Could Only...... some time ago and much tougher to find than the usual US issue.

ATB

Eddie

Pretty sure that's just a short lived US design Eddie....just remembered, my demo came off the infamous Soho cart in 1972 for 20p :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!