A Few Wants For Trouty

Guest Johnny One Trout

Guest Johnny One Trout

Don't normally do this sort of thing but i thought it may be worth a punt.

There are a couple of things i'm after at the moment and i wondered if anyone could help me out :thumbsup::shades:

Gorgeous George - Strange Book - Homark

Masqueraders - The Truth Is Free - Stairway

Teques - Don't push my love cup - (Can't remember the label :shades: )

Roscoe Robinson - Ask the lonely - Gerri

either PM me or mail me at john.nightingale@blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks for looking

Trouty One John

Edited by Johnny One Trout
Social source share

• Replies 30
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

There are a couple of things i'm after at the moment and i wondered if anyone could help me out :thumbsup::shades:

Thanks for looking

Trouty One John

hi john

masqueraders

think paul havekin may still have this and he does not play it send him a message

mark

Edited by mark.b
Social source share

Thanks for looking

Trouty One John

The Teques is on Gary my dearest.

Edited by alison
Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

The Teques is on Gary my dearest.

Either the label is called Gary or some chap called Gary is gonna buy it for you John :unsure::huh:

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Either the label is called Gary or some chap called Gary is gonna buy it for you John :unsure::huh:

Brilliant that will save me a few quid :):D

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

[ Now then someone must have a copy of this for me surely

Hia John

Theres a lot of people chasing this one and its going up in price rapidly

[p,s good to see ya at middlewich the other week thanks]

Thanks Gary

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

[ Now then someone must have a copy of this for me surely

Hia John

Theres a lot of people chasing this one and its going up in price rapidly

[p,s good to see ya at middlewich the other week thanks]

Thanks Gary

Good to see you too Gary really enjoyed yours and Kev's spots but when you played that Gorgeous George it had me hooked from the first bars mate right up my street :(

John

Social source share

Now then someone must have a copy of this for me surely

Johnners

How much does this go for? And has it been booted? I'm pretty sure I've seen this in the collection, but I'm not sure if its one thats for sale. BUT I could be wrong (it does happen sometimes - but I don't admit it very often!)

Regards, Kirsty

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

How much does this go for? And has it been booted? I'm pretty sure I've seen this in the collection, but I'm not sure if its one thats for sale. BUT I could be wrong (it does happen sometimes - but I don't admit it very often!)

Regards, Kirsty

I don't think it has been booted but i could be wrong, it's on the grey and black Homark design rather than the blue/dark blue not really sure on current value but if you are up for selling it i would most deffinately be interested Kirsty.

Sorry Ted no MP3 but if Kirsty sells me one i'll post it up :(

John

Social source share

I don't think it has been booted but i could be wrong, it's on the grey and black Homark design rather than the blue/dark blue not really sure on current value but if you are up for selling it i would most deffinately be interested Kirsty.

John

Thanks john

any one else how about you Chalky

Social source share

There are a couple of things i'm after at the moment and i wondered if anyone could help me out :(:(

Teques - Don't push my love cup - (Can't remember the label :( )

Thanks for looking

Trouty One John

Hey Trouty,

Got your web-based radio station back up and running yet???

Dennis Haw aka denbo, scouser at last OSE

Social source share

John

The one we've got is grey. Apparantly when we were going through the collection earlier this year Michael put it in the sell pile, and I put it back in the keep pile. Unfortunately I can't remember what it sounds like! I am seriously crap with titles etc! I'll dig it out when I have time (basically we can only get records out when the brats are asleep). Have a play and make a decision then. After that its just down to value...

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

The one we've got is grey. Apparantly when we were going through the collection earlier this year Michael put it in the sell pile, and I put it back in the keep pile. Unfortunately I can't remember what it sounds like! I am seriously crap with titles etc! I'll dig it out when I have time (basically we can only get records out when the brats are asleep). Have a play and make a decision then. After that its just down to value...

Thanks Kirsty when you have had a thought drop me a line at john.nightingale@blueyonder.co.uk

Johnners

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Hey Trouty,

Got your web-based radio station back up and running yet???

Dennis Haw aka denbo, scouser at last OSE

Dennis i think you may be confusing me with that baldy bloke Jason "Orange" Stirland :(:( I think we did meet though just over a year ago at OSE when Andy Dyson was over there.

Mind you i'd love to have a go at that internet radio but it's down to finding the time and of course i am a technical fu**wit :thumbsup::(

Social source share

Dennis i think you may be confusing me with that baldy bloke Jason "Orange" Stirland :(:( I think we did meet though just over a year ago at OSE when Andy Dyson was over there.

Mind you i'd love to have a go at that internet radio but it's down to finding the time and of course i am a technical fu**wit :(:(

Hang on, are you not James Trouble?

If not, then Doh!!! I'm a twit :¸) Sorry.

Mind you i'd love to have a go at that internet radio but it's down to finding the time and of course i am a technical fu**wit :thumbsup::(

PS - I've just seen your photo and I can confirm, you are not James Trouble, honest LOL!!!

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Strange Book - gorgeous george - homark

13056 refosoul

Saw no one had put it up so thought I would. Had this copy quite a while now and still not sure about it, although I do know its getting some good exposure now. Might be persuaded into parting with it as I am having a bit of a clear up at home due to to many boxes and cupboards with vinyl in.cheers Mark.

Edited by hold tight
Social source share

Now then someone must have a copy of this for me surely

Johnners

interesting this is back in vogue , was popular as a new release in the highland room and at the time was readily available for a quid mind you that was 74/75 ish . another to look out for from that time that is still relatively cheap is third point - spirit - tide

Edited by Tony Parker
Social source share

Guest alison

Hello John

If you haven't picked up a copy of the Masqueraders yet there's a copy at www.soulmusic.co.uk for £40

Great record

All the best

Manus

We got one from Paul Havekin (and I think we still owe him for it whistling.gif oops) and picked the Teques up from Butch.

Mrs One T.

Social source share

interesting this is back in vogue , was popular as a new release in the highland room and at the time was readily available for a quid mind you that was 74/75 ish . another to look out for from that time that is still relatively cheap is third point - spirit - tide

Didn't the Mecca only play the instrumental side of Gorgeous George????????

Can someone confirm this or am i dreaming???

Third Point was a great left field Mecca spin too! The B side is a fabulous deep track thumbsup.gif

btw The Rochelle Rabouin dancer with the same backing track as GG has been getting spins of late too!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Hello John

If you haven't picked up a copy of the Masqueraders yet there's a copy at www.soulmusic.co.uk for £40

Great record

All the best

Manus

Thanks for the plug Manus thumbsup.gif

I was lucky enough to have a few mint copies of this BUT I am now down to the last couple of copies...................so if you ain't got it yet, it might be a good idea to bag it now cos when they're gone, they're gone (as they say wicked.gif )

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Third Point was a great left field Mecca spin too! The B side is a fabulous deep track :wicked:

btw The Rochelle Rabouin dancer with the same backing track as GG has been getting spins of late too!

Cheers

Steve

It was indeed the instrumental side - IMHO knocks the socks off the vocal or are you the sort of person who plays the vocal of "Girl You Better Wake Up" or the even more hideous vocal of The Boogieman Orchestra? Only asking :shades:

Social source share

Third Point was a great left field Mecca spin too! The B side is a fabulous deep track :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

steve only ever heard the instrumental of gorgeous george played , that was the same with soulvation army band , quite a few instrumentals played in the couple of years i was going 1974-75

jimmys place - jimmy thompson , melvin carter - midnight brew aka johnny jackson experience - lets shingaling at the go go and of course california montage - young holt unlimited was the last record of the night

Social source share

It was indeed the instrumental side - IMHO knocks the socks off the vocal or are you the sort of person who plays the vocal of "Girl You Better Wake Up" or the even more hideous vocal of The Boogieman Orchestra? Only asking :thumbsup:

fookin ell Epic.........there's no comparison to the vocals of GG to those other two, at least GG is soulful (if a tad out of tune, which is what gives it it's charm imho) :lol:

............i feel a new thread coming on.............instrumentals played i.l.o the vocal side?????

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Source Advert