Handbaggers (P**s Heads)

Anton L

At our night before Xmas we had three obligatory guys around 18/20 years old do the usual thing.

They stagger in, do a double take at the 'oldies' dancing wierdly and start laughing

Then they try out their moves on the dance floor - taking the piss, eyeing everyone up - the usual stuff.

So I go alongside one guy and tell him he's very welcome to be here

"You what mate" he says. I tell him it's my night and a private party but they can stay, its no problem.

He looks me up and down, - as much as you can when you are pissed. :P

I then feel quite good in that I have befirended him but made it clear they have to behave in a subtle kind of way.

Then one of our friends goes up to his mate and gets up close and personal, - stands toe to toe with him and says "You should all f*** Off"

- the look on this 18 year olds face as a grown woman possibly his mums age has told him to get the eck off our boat. Priceless.

They didnt come back... :lol:

Sounds like you could hire the lady out :lol: Great story :thumbsup:

Edited by Alison H
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Surely the people on the door ar responsible,when myself and Rob Marriott did the door at the Winding Wheel,we stood outside persuading perspective(already pissed)people tactfully i may add that they probably wouldn´t like the music(probably right nowadays :wicked: )and no "available" women either :( end of problem really

Steve

by the way f++ked the drug squad off as well :rofl::lol:

Could tell the story about Tony Parker jumping off the stage during his spot at a Northampton soul night to twat someone(pisshead) but i won´t :D

remember it well.......fella knocked the decks 3 times ....then bang.......saw him at the next one with his nose in plaster :lol:

Social source share

Best one i ever saw, Leeds central, the rolling stones had been playing @ roundhay, anyway there was a load of p*ss heads came in all with there new stones "T" shirts on. One of them tipped a drink over my mates wifes head. All hell broke loose, there was a little guy on the door, my god he put about 6 away in the blink of an eye, bodies flying everywhere :yes:

Social source share

Like coming onto the scene, I've come onto this topic late so a lot of what i believe has already been covered. I will say I was surprised that you don't need membership cards at the nights I've been to, it was standard practice at one time. It does allow some control (if not much) and members can sign others in if they want to, and it wouldn't be too much hassle in my mind. There again I'm new and have never seen incidences referred to in this topic.

Social source share

I've always been a little puzzled why someone would want to go to a northern night when the most they know about the music is Knock three times on the ceiling or Band of gold. But the fault lies with us and the organisers, us for not turning up in enough numbers and the organisers who just want to make money so they will let anyone in as long as they have the readies.

Social source share

Like coming onto the scene, I've come onto this topic late so a lot of what i believe has already been covered. I will say I was surprised that you don't need membership cards at the nights I've been to, it was standard practice at one time. It does allow some control (if not much) and members can sign others in if they want to, and it wouldn't be too much hassle in my mind. There again I'm new and have never seen incidences referred to in this topic.

Don't worry, these altercations are few and far between with regards to the size and ammounts of soul events..

I run a city center soul event and watch out for these clowns.... No point f£cking about, if anyone plays up then get them out...

Social source share

I think what these drunken visitors sometimes don't realise is how most people on the soul scene recognise most other soul people as its a pretty small scene realy. And there are a good few you would not want to get on the wrong side of.

Trouble is certainly not a regular thing though in my experience.

Social source share

I totally agree with with Dave Rimmer, although I have to say the promoters should look at the amount and type of people they pile through the doors just to make a fast buck!! I attended The Torch Reunion at Queens Hall, Burslem 2011 and was absolutely appalled at the amount of people admitted. You could not dance for people piled on the dancefloor with glasses in hand, pissheads everywhere you looked. Obviously they were taking the opportunity of a late piss up, and stood out a mile. Our party had planned this for some time and met up with mates from all over the country as we used to at The Torch in Hose street, and were looking to rekindle old and new memories after all these years. Unfortunately This DID NOT in any way resemble any niter I had ever attended in those days, and to be honest, not many since. But for the sake of the true soulies and the scene, lets have some common sense on who we sell tickets too, and more vetting of clientele on on entry through the doors. Memberships should be obligatory!! If any one is caught on the dancefloor with a pint mug or glass chuck em out and bar them!! only answer!! We will not be attend another Queens Hall, Burslem until the promoter cures the obvious problem.

Social source share

Something i forgot to mention, we ended up leaving at 3.30am as the whole episode had become a total farce with idiots trying to trying to take the piss, & "dance"(if you can call it that) when they were already finding it hard to stand up!! Spoilt what could have been a brilliant night and venue. Again Memberships the only way forward

Edited by soulie8
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!