Whats Going On With This Seller?

Pete S

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LONG-JOHN-BALDREY-UNITED-ARTIST-MINT-DEMO-/190638715757?pt=UK_Records&hash=item2c62f3f36d#ht_500wt_1413

He advertises payment in paypal, but when you pay him, he refunds your money and insists you pay by postal order.

So why is he allowed to have the paypal logo?

I really want the record above but postal orders will cost another £5 on top of what will probably be 3 figures anyway.

This has got to be against ebay rules surely?

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

https://www.ebay.co.u...d#ht_500wt_1413

He advertises payment in paypal, but when you pay him, he refunds your money and insists you pay by postal order.

So why is he allowed to have the paypal logo?

I really want the record above but postal orders will cost another £5 on top of what will probably be 3 figures anyway.

This has got to be against ebay rules surely?

Yep saw that Pete think he doesn't want p pal fees iam sure i read in his feeback he refused someone elses payment i didnt think it was allowed but there yu go and no come back with postal order dicey,nice records though.Mick

Edited by Mick Reed
Social source share

It does seem a bit dodgy and yes, it is against Ebay rules. - I sell stuff on Ebay regularly and I expect to be paid by PayPal - Nobody likes the fees they charge, but you just have to take it on the chin.

The same seller had a 'shield design' Yvonne Baker 45 on auction last week - his very short description didn't state that it was an original, but the photograph showed the record in a cardboard sleeve, with some very gaudy artwork (much like the LJB 45) clearly stating in great big letters 'ORIGINAL'. The record reached £74+ and it was then pulled from sale - I would guess that he was informed that it was most likely a boot.

Having said that, he does have some really nice original stuff for sale.

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

It does seem a bit dodgy and yes, it is against Ebay rules. - I sell stuff on Ebay regularly and I expect to be paid by PayPal - Nobody likes the fees they charge, but you just have to take it on the chin.

The same seller had a 'shield design' Yvonne Baker 45 on auction last week - his very short description didn't state that it was an original, but the photograph showed the record in a cardboard sleeve, with some very gaudy artwork (much like the LJB 45) clearly stating in great big letters 'ORIGINAL'. The record reached £74+ and it was then pulled from sale - I would guess that he was informed that it was most likely a boot.

Having said that, he does have some really nice original stuff for sale.

he has had some real good stuff on over the last few weeks all starting at 99p

but when it gets near finishing time if they haven't reached decent prices , he pulls them !

Social source share

Seller wants postal orders only so where's the problem?

it violates ebay policy. there's no protection for your purchase. it's a pain in the ass to do. if he wants money orders he can sell off ebay, like on here.

before ebay forced accepting paypal, I remember so much wasted time writing and mailing checks, and money orders were 100x worse. I bought way less. There's a reason ebay instituted the policy.

Social source share

Seller wants postal orders only so where's the problem?

There have been one or two current problems with "gift" paypal payments with soul source members, you again have no comeback with a postal order if the seller defaults in any way.

Edited by spook
Social source share

Have to withdraw my previous statement. Just saw that Ebay UK forces all sellers to accept Paypal. I didn't know that. Ebay Germany requires Paypal only for sellers below or above a certain rating threshold (+50? +100?).

I didn't even know there was an ebay germany! what categories are good there?

Social source share

Yep same guy who withdrew his Yum Yums a few weeks back because it nearly went for a few quid !

And he withdrew a VelVets 20th Century black issue the week before that - dodgy

Social source share

have had stuff from this lad - for me it was a little strange but he sent what i paid for

when i said the price of the p.o was high - he said he would refund the p . o cost

which he did (think he put the cash in with record)

his prices are good i remember that

Social source share

ebay pretty much everywhere bob

germany is .de

italy is .it

etc etc

i've bought german made watches off german ebay.

Yeah, I knew there were other country's ebays, didn't know it was for every country though. I assume they have the same categories but by "what are the good categories" I specifically was asking about things like you just referred to (german made watches). Or like if they had a really good sausages category or something.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert