Seen A Few Wants For This - Clarence Murray

Quinvy

Guest gordon russell

burnley tuuuune....big danny banging this little stormer out........how do phil :thumbsup:

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share

The point was that wherever it,s played........it,s a burnley tune cos it just is :D :D :thumbup:

been playing it down south for a long time so its a southern sound really Tez :thumbup:

Social source share

• 1 month later...

I heard this played at Ramsbottom and a few around me liked the sound and asked how much it was and were told its hard to find...since then I have heard all sorts of stories about it fetching more than 50 quid :ohmy: ... I really can't see what all the fuss is about ? but then thats just my opinion , to me it sounds no better than Don't talk like that which is a ten pound record.

I can think of far better records to spend that amount of money on.

I do get tad annoyed when someone spends silly money on something and then future sellers think thats the price set in stone forever more ... I mean 300 dollars ? come on lets gets a bit of reasoned judgement on this.

Edited by Carms
Social source share

There's one for 'Sale' at £162 on some website, which might equate to $300 I haven't checked. But that's just the 'asking' price, not what it's 'worth'. The fact it's still for sale on that website speaks volumes. Who knows what it's truly 'worth'. All's I can say about the record, apart from it being a nice catchy tune and that I have one, is that it's hard to find, especially an issue.

Social source share

I heard this played at Ramsbottom and a few around me liked the sound and asked how much it was and were told its hard to find...since then I have heard all sorts of stories about it fetching more than 50 quid :ohmy: ... I really can't see what all the fuss is about ? but then thats just my opinion , to me it sounds no better than Don't talk like that which is a ten pound record.

I can think of far better records to spend that amount of money on.

I do get tad annoyed when someone spends silly money on something and then future sellers think thats the price set in stone forever more ... I mean 300 dollars ? come on lets gets a bit of reasoned judgement on this.

Carms,when has reasoning come into pricing.? :D .Its in demand and hard to get.Not everybody's cup ot tea,but so what? Loads of good tunes fall into that category.Better than "Dont talk.." and right for now.

Play it loud,Crank it up.!!!!

Social source share

There's one for 'Sale' at £162 on some website, which might equate to $300 I haven't checked. But that's just the 'asking' price, not what it's 'worth'. The fact it's still for sale on that website speaks volumes. Who knows what it's truly 'worth'. All's I can say about the record, apart from it being a nice catchy tune and that I have one, is that it's hard to find, especially an issue.

Everyone's waiting for it to price drop.....

Social source share

Carms,when has reasoning come into pricing.? :D .Its in demand and hard to get.Not everybody's cup ot tea,but so what? Loads of good tunes fall into that category.Better than "Dont talk.." and right for now.

Play it loud,Crank it up.!!!!

Very true kev .. remember three little pigs at 150 .00 quid .... Sister james at 70 pounds ....and boots at silly prices... its the crazy world of NS :lol:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

sorry guys, this one seems a little over rated and over hyped to me.

Theres 100,s of records like that Geese,,, one mans meat and all that

I personally like the record and dont find it overated ( price i WILL agree),,, i started a thread as a "want" on here and closed it as i think i was shooting me self in the foot price wise!! :lol:

I hear a lot worse than this at some rare and underplayed nights,,, but as i say one mans meat !1

I remember the Flairs Steal It,,, a year or so ago,,, a £30-40 record i had 3 copies all went for £150,,, in my sales,,, due to demand at the time and hype on here,,,, these records surface all the time ,,, another at the moment is Chambers Bros,, I Cant Stand It,,, a cheap record that is now rising in price,,, WHY!! Fook Knows ,,, but thats why us collectors love this scene and feed our habit!!

N x

Edited by Nige Brown
Social source share

Yes,loadsa records like this.Hype? Only a wee bit on here,not doing any harm.This was played out before any hype on here.

The question should be "How did this get missed" since his other tune is a club oldie.Overrated? - just personal opinion Geese,nowt wrong with that.

It'll be down to a tenner soon...at this rate.... :lol:

Social source share

Theres 100,s of records like that Geese,,, one mans meat and all that

I personally like the record and dont find it overated ( price i WILL agree),,, i started a thread as a "want" on here and closed it as i think i was shooting me self in the foot price wise!! :lol:

I hear a lot worse than this at some rare and underplayed nights,,, but as i say one mans meat !1

I remember the Flairs Steal It,,, a year or so ago,,, a £30-40 record i had 3 copies all went for £150,,, in my sales,,, due to demand at the time and hype on here,,,, these records surface all the time ,,, another at the moment is Chambers Bros,, I Cant Stand It,,, a cheap record that is now rising in price,,, WHY!! Fook Knows ,,, but thats why us collectors love this scene and feed our habit!!

N x

yeah your right Nidge, not a bad sound , but is there any reason this had any less issued than say, 'dont talk like that'? its the price thats over rated indeed, not the tune par say, seems like there's loads of hoarders out there just waintg to pounce as soon as something get even moderatly tipped.

Social source share

Nige,re: Flairs - did same as you.But where are all the cheap copies of that,as predicted that would come out the woodwork? :g:

Yeah know what ya saying Kev,,i pounced when someone said those magic words when your selling " old Butch play/c/u" always works for me,,, :thumbup:

And yes i must admit havent seen it about much lately !!

Edited by Nige Brown
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

yeah your right Nidge, not a bad sound , but is there any reason this had any less issued than say, 'dont talk like that'? its the price thats over rated indeed, not the tune par say, seems like there's loads of hoarders out there just waintg to pounce as soon as something get even moderatly tipped.

"Dont talk like that" was probably right for the time it was released,that's why its very well known.The reason LGOWI,had less issued is anyone's guess,from no demand,to rights issues.But that question could be asked hundred's of dj only NS tunes.

As for hoarders pouncing,fleeting moments in Soul History.

I for one will be keeping an eye on the price of this in the near future,to see how cheap it goes.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

I bought mine for about a tenner 3 years ago and at the time i couldnt beleive i had found such a great tune for a few quid, price was irrelevant when i bought mine cos i liked it and if it was a £100 tune i would of paid that for it, ive listened to many more tunes than this that peeps have regulary paid £100s for that really are shite and dont remotely sound like Northern/Rare Soul, to me this has it all and if it was a 1 off that Butch owned the world would be going mad for it, its not rare but tough to find and been under the radar for a long time and every time ive played it out it has always grabbed plenty of attention, whats its true value ?? what someone is willing to pay for it and that is that, i wish i could find a tune like this every week at that price i paid for it but then thats the fun of listening to tunes you dont know i suppose :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!