-How Many Versions...

-Labels & Release Dates...

-Anything Relative...

(Producers,Musicians)

Much Appreciated...

Conner...

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Terri Bryant on Verve, and Pat Lewis recorded this Detroit Stars.Cant remember the full details on the PL release,sure someone on here will know.

Here's a link to previous thread....

i think it might have been a ron murphy thing? those detroit stars records are 80s releases of previously unreleased material i think.

Social source share

Pat Lewis co wrote it so probably did the original so that someone else could learn it. She's in the country - let's ask her!

Didn't know that Rob, always thought it was penned by George McGreggor on his own, don't credit Pat on the label, then agian it don't credit Mike Terry for the wonderful string arrangement either? thanx for that

Conner! the Verve release for Terri Bryant was released in march 1967, and recorded at Ralph Terrana's "Terra Sherma" studio in Detroit. (but ya mebs knew that mate)

steve

Social source share

Don't know. Probably the original full title that was shortened for some reason. I confirmed with Pat that this was the original title. Doubt your 'Genie' theory because wasn't that a woman's name, whereas this 'Geni' was the magic kind!!

In "I dream of Jeannie" it was a double entendre, the woman's name was "Jeannie" but she was also a Genie. So it might have been inspired by the show, who knows (I guess Pat knows actually).

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!