Footage From The Original Play: Once Upon A Time In Wigan

Paul-s

Hi

Been a couple of months since i posted this.
It was made in response to requests for footage of the Original Urban Expansions production.Unfortunately the script has been hacked and altered beyond all recognition, to suit commercial main stream audiences, by others since this premiere. This origianl production was made with love, as a homage to the people, artists and music that inspired my life. Thought i would re post it so it can reach its full potential. Please pass on.

Thanks

Paul-s,

Edited by paul-s
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

• 1 year later...

Can't remember names I'm afraid - it's an age thing. I was the only one into northern where I lived in Derby so used to meet up with everyone at various nighters, met this crowd at St Ives. If my memory is correct the two girls and the guy on the right were all from St Ives and those on the left were from Grantham or Peterborough. Happy days.

Clive

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Can't remember names I'm afraid - it's an age thing. I was the only one into northern where I lived in Derby so used to meet up with everyone at various nighters, met this crowd at St Ives. If my memory is correct the two girls and the guy on the right were all from St Ives and those on the left were from Grantham or Peterborough. Happy days.

Clive

one on the right, is jill from peterborough me think, billy

Social source share

Hi Paul,

Tried to look at the link but it looks as though it is down. On another note, is this you on the far left. taken after a Wigan All Nighter circa 1977.

Clive

Jesus...yes thats me on the left! Gill, Ali, Tony (from Grantham same as me). Ive never seen this ...great and thanks!

Social source share

• 2 months later...

Hi Paul,

Tried to look at the link but it looks as though it is down. On another note, is this you on the far left. taken after a Wigan All Nighter circa 1977.

Clive

SORTED NOW. I had to fight two record companies and prove i had already paid over £5000 in PRS when we put the play on, so was entitled to use the tracks. So it is once again LIVE: Strange they blocked it, as the tracks existed in their full versions on Youtube already! Anyway, enjoy and share please. best Paul

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Hi Paul,

What an excellent production, I'm just sorry that I never had the opportunity to see it. Do you think you will ever take it on the road again?

I've found a group of like minded northern fans down here in Cornwall so I

am able to get a fix every few weeks. You just never lose it.

All the best.

Clive

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!