Uk Soul Sounds Bootleg Label Keith Rylatt

Hi everybody I am just in the process of trying to complete the run of the UK soul sounds bootleg label. I know there not everyones cup of tea but what I would like to know is what happend to Keith rylatt is he still on the scene ? or his he no longer with us and what are you're memories of him cheers.

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Hi everybody I am just in the process of trying to complete the run of the UK soul sounds bootleg label. I know there not everyones cup of tea but what I would like to know is what happend to Keith rylatt is he still on the scene ? or his he no longer with us and what are you're memories of him cheers.

Do you not mean the guy who did the Soul Sounds pressings - cos it wasn't Keith.

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

Do you not mean the guy who did the Soul Sounds pressings - cos it wasn't Keith.

Yes his name was geoff king or something ?

and i remember a rumour that he did serious time for it ? anybody know him ?

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

I bet someone like John Manship would know ?

:hatsoff2: HI mate what info do you need to know? as started your topic, talking about trying to complete the SOUL SOUNDS LABEL. and then go of on a tangent, did you think he still had some left in his boot? he has been of the scene for 40 yrs, if he went to prison, it was not for BOOTLEGGING, as he just sold them, he did not make them! and although Dave Godin use to write about the bootlegging that he was alleged to be involved in, the people who collected them, were not to bothered, and as for the actual music on each record, even today there is not a naff one on the label, :thumbsup: By the way I have the complete set, and some are extremely hard to find, :g: of course Ranking Johnny Boy Manship, knows every thing there is to know in the world, it will cost you though? :ohmy: DAVE 69
Social source share

Guest allnightandy

:hatsoff2: HI mate what info do you need to know? as started your topic, talking about trying to complete the SOUL SOUNDS LABEL. and then go of on a tangent, did you think he still had some left in his boot? he has been of the scene for 40 yrs, if he went to prison, it was not for BOOTLEGGING, as he just sold them, he did not make them! and although Dave Godin use to write about the bootlegging that he was alleged to be involved in, the people who collected them, were not to bothered, and as for the actual music on each record, even today there is not a naff one on the label, :thumbsup: By the way I have the complete set, and some are extremely hard to find, :g: of course Ranking Johnny Boy Manship, knows every thing there is to know in the world, it will cost you though? :ohmy: DAVE 69

It isn't my post ! and i was sugesting that the guy who started the post ask JM if he knows anything As i Don't ! Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

All I wanted to know was how it all started etc I know some of these date back to the of the early days of the twisted wheel. Currently I have got 11 out of the total 30 was Jeff King also responsible for the Magic bootleg label too ? I just find the whole early bootlegs intresting especially if there is some wild story goes along with them.

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

Why don't You list the ones You are missing in the wants section?? Sure there are plenty out there that can help. I paid 3 times the amount of a legit copy of Margie Hendrix - Restless simply because it was Margie!! :(

Social source share

RE: I know some of these date back to the of the early days of the twisted wheel.

I don't think that's true. My memory tells me that they started to appear around 1968/ 69 (but then my memories shot these days).

The 'Wheel' type DJ's usually gave a big push to a 45 after the UK 45 had just been deleted & back then it was still far from easy to get your hands on imports (Soul City Record store was a good early source, then F L Moore & Contempo).

So 45's would be in-demand & there would be no ready way to source copies, so the Soul Sounds label was born (& featured almost exclusively top Wheel sounds).

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

• 1 year later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert