Edward Hamilton I'm Gonna Love You Baby

Guest Recordream

Guest Recordream

Hi everybody , I'm looking for Edward Hamilton I'm gonna love you baby , and I found two kind of press on sale , on Carrie green , and on Jameco yellow ... I'm really undecided because I don't have the Manship's book to have a look , and I don't know what press's better to buy ... Could someone give me some suggestion please ?

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi...I had the same dilema when I was lookin for a copy....my head wiz bursting with what one was what.....so here`s my thoughts which may or maynot help..lol.

I eventually settled on the orange Carrie issue which is the first Carrie issue, the green Carrie I believe is a legal 70s repress..The cut is slightly differt but not that youd notice.....The Jameco release again I believe is a slightly later release..(68/69)? from Orange Carrie and again slightly different cut, still not much differce to my ears though, still fabulous.

The Mary Jane issue is definately a differt cut, slightly less drums but more backing singers and harmonies and is equally as good...the only thing being you dont get the superb..`Call Me` on the flip....all the Carrie issues do....which is why i decided on the Carrie 45.

Pricewise, the Carrie orange is between £200 - £350...Jameco up to £100...Mary Jane around £100 and carrie green£20/30

Social source share

Hi...I had the same dilema when I was lookin for a copy....my head wiz bursting with what one was what.....so here`s my thoughts which may or maynot help..lol.

I eventually settled on the orange Carrie issue which is the first Carrie issue, the green Carrie I believe is a legal 70s repress..The cut is slightly differt but not that youd notice.....The Jameco release again I believe is a slightly later release..(68/69)? from Orange Carrie and again slightly different cut, still not much differce to my ears though, still fabulous.

The Mary Jane issue is definately a differt cut, slightly less drums but more backing singers and harmonies and is equally as good...the only thing being you dont get the superb..`Call Me` on the flip....all the Carrie issues do....which is why i decided on the Carrie 45.

Pricewise, the Carrie orange is between £200 - £350...Jameco up to £100...Mary Jane around £100 and carrie green£20/30

my price for MJ in post above yours then is a baragin :wicked:

Social source share

Edward Hamilton's I'm Gonna Love You saw a variety of releases and campaigns to get a hit in 1966.

My dear friend Bobby Jay played it on WWRL in New York hence the Jameco release.

It appears it was popular in Detroit and NY but nowhere else. This might explain the different pressings at the time.

I remember cleaning out Greenline in Jamaica, Queens in the late 70's and finding 500 on Jameco. Where the heck are they now?

KR

Edited by The Golden 101
Social source share

Edward Hamilton's I'm Gonna Love You saw a variety of releases and campaigns to get a hit in 1966.

My dear friend Bobby Jay played it on WWRL in New York hence the Jameco release.

It appears it was popular in Detroit and NY but nowhere else. This might explain the different pressings at the time.

I remember cleaning out Greenline in Jamaica, Queens in the late 70's and finding 500 on Jameco. Where the heck are they now?

KR

I've got one 499 more still to find :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert