Kam 300 Record Flight Case - Handle Fix.....best Glue?

Mark Jones

Years ago my sis bought me a proper KAM (yes the company that makes DJ amps etc) 300 record Flight case record box for my birthday. Which I will say I was chuffed to bits with!

Used it to transport my best tunes in it for a while until one day I was just left with the handle in my hand and no box!!

Surprisingly considering the quality of the box the handle was held on with just a few self tappers!

Luckily happened on the way to my front door so the box landed on my carpet so no broken vinyl!

Got quite a few 200 flight case boxes (3 in fact) which have been loyal servents but would like to reserect the old KAM 300 record flight box if I can as apart from the crap handle it's really well made!

So how to "fix/glue" the handle back onto the box is the question...no nails and super glue come to mind. Just wondered if anyone has had the same problem and can share their experiences!

Mark

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi mate you could refix the handle on with the self tappers but when you put them back in you can get some stuff called chemical metal from most diy or automotive places.

Social source share

weirdly the box made to briallant quality.... but handle is plastic!,,,,saying that if you can get a good bond/fix between and box it would be solid enough!

My point really...and kinda go with you guys is if I want to go down the nut and bolt route (with washer to spread the pressure...simple schoolboy physics!),,,,,,,,,,,

.........But have the original handle which came with the box and would like to use if poss (to save drilling box to fix new handles)

I kinda have an angle on chemical fixings....I used to ba aerial rigger and some chemical fixings could hold many many tonnes...rather than rawl plugs which couldn't!!

Any ideas?

Social source share

hi get someone to cut you a metal plate to the lengh of the handle,drill two holes in it

and put new self tappres in .

Kinda want to avoid self tappers if honest,,,be ok if I was fixing a suitcase or something but don't want my record box escaping me again!!

Would cost too many years and pounds to replace the tunes!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert