Brooks And Jerry On Uk Direction

NEV

I doubt it. Direction had it available until the early 70's. It sold 1,000's in the UK and in some areas played in Youth clubs.

Far rarer in the US.

Thanks Kev...am i also right in assuming it was only a UK release then ?

Social source share

US Dynamo 114 Nev.

As Kev says, was on catalogue and available from all decent Record shops until the early-mid 70's on UK Direction (I sold loads of em at the time).

One of my early introductions to the music and still one of the greatest shit kickin' rave ups ever on vinyl!

:thumbsup:

Sean

Edited by Sean Hampsey
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

US Dynamo 114 Nev.

As Kev says, was on catalogue and available from all decent Record shops until the early-mid 70's on UK Direction (I sold loads of em at the time).

One of my early introductions to the music and still one of the greatest shit kickin' rave ups ever on vinyl!

Sean

Totally agree Sean

I love the way he says part 1 ,part 2 and part three if we have time :)

It would sound great in today's funky soul uprising .

And is a good example of how a soul record can be funky yet still remain soulful ,rather than all out funk ,if that makes any sense ?

Social source share

I think there was a 2nd UK issue. The first has the LARGER arrow on the left. The second has a smaller arrow. Not obvious at first glance.

Cheers

Kev Bod

Hi Kev,

You're absolutely right, but it was never off catalogue to my knowledge, so more a second press than a 2nd or later issue.

In answer to the original question, it was never booted.

Sean

Social source share

US copy is extremely hard to find - I've only ever seen my own, and the one Pete listed, which is strange when you consider how common the UK copy is.

Never seen a US issue - What a dick - mine is an issue - I must have been thinking of something else on the label...

Edited by pikeys dog
Social source share

Have a Dynamo demo tucked away, offers welcome

That's the trouble though, nobody realises how rare this is, I started mine off at £40 and eventually took £25 - I don't think anyone would make you an offer, honestly. In the real world, this should be a good £75 I reckon.

Social source share

That's the trouble though, nobody realises how rare this is, I started mine off at £40 and eventually took £25 - I don't think anyone would make you an offer, honestly. In the real world, this should be a good £75 I reckon.

Pete ...thats because you have built up a reputation for being a good guy, selling records at value for money prices :yes:

At £40 people will have thought ..thats a bit steep for Pete Smith :g:

Social source share

all the direction copies listed on this thread so far look like later presses to me. on the first issue the arrow is bigger and the label rougher like on all 1968 cbs distributed labels..the ones from 69 onwards have a smoother finish... i bet thats some shite info most of y`all wouldnt have noticed

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL.....What a great label DIRECTION was, BROOKS & JERRY "I GOT WHAT IT TAKES" is the CLASSIC that we all loved when it was played on a SATURDAY NIGHTM But like a few records from this era it was purchased at record shops that were not asked to contribute there sales figures that were used, at the time to make up the top 50, if you read earl BLUES & SOUL MAGS, JA & DG were always slagging of the BBC, RADIO 1, got it the worst!

Below are 3 DEMOS that really just reiterate what has been stated, DIRECTION as far as I can tell, from my own records, did not follow the EMI route with records that were never deleted, but re promoted with an updated DEMO, the ISLEY BROS "THIS OLD " & DARRELL BANKS "OPEN THE DOOR" got new DEMOS to cash in on the new rare soul scene, as BROOKS & JERRY were in the same class as the IMPRESSINS "you've been cheatin"

as for the label, which is a classic label to collect, with some rare records on it, but for some reason it seems to-days scene just want about 5 of them??? below are the 3 different DEMOS Tommy Hunt is BRILLIANT & NOT EASY?? :g: DAVE 69

post-13241-0-97255400-1329096434_thumb.jpost-13241-0-94520300-1329096453_thumb.j

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!