Or Is It Me

Guest Owl

Northern Soul I have it playing everytime the music goes on at home its banging out now, it is in my car, it is in my works van, I never get fed of listening to this adictive music.

I count down the days when we are going to a soul evening and this feeling is not waining as the years go by.

You go to the bar que up wait and wait near to the front then another classic is played and you have to leave your place dance 2-3 minutes and que again crazy.

Its not just the music it is the all package the people the clothing the dancing. I get as much enjoyment out of seeing Northern Soulers dancing and seeing all the timeless clothing. The memories of the past come flooding back with the clothing alone.

What gets me is when you introduce someone into the music and I know it is personal choice you play them what you think is the best piece of music you are listening to at the time and the response is nothing!!!!!! It blows me away that they do not get it and the puzzled look on their face when you question there nil response.

OR IS IT ME!

Social source share

Northern Soul I have it playing everytime the music goes on at home its banging out now, it is in my car, it is in my works van, I never get fed of listening to this adictive music.

I count down the days when we are going to a soul evening and this feeling is not waining as the years go by.

You go to the bar que up wait and wait near to the front then another classic is played and you have to leave your place dance 2-3 minutes and que again crazy.

Its not just the music it is the all package the people the clothing the dancing. I get as much enjoyment out of seeing Northern Soulers dancing and seeing all the timeless clothing. The memories of the past come flooding back with the clothing alone.

What gets me is when you introduce someone into the music and I know it is personal choice you play them what you think is the best piece of music you are listening to at the time and the response is nothing!!!!!! It blows me away that they do not get it and the puzzled look on their face when you question there nil response.

OR IS IT ME!

That's why in the main it's special the music that is and most people as you say simply don't get it.

Social source share

OR IS IT ME!

No its not you, its just about all of us.. Brother to his wife, "look if we go to Stoke and Chris just clears of to dance while hes talking to you, dont worry about it, its normal"

Chris

• Helpful 1
Social source share

No it is not just you.

I used to be quite evangelical playing tunes to people trying to explain etc.--but that was along time ago.

Now I know not everyone gets it-tough sh*t your loss-you'll never have what I've got.

Just remind me- what does Cosa Nostra mean, again?? :shhh: :shhh:

Tony

Edited by tonyp
Social source share

i dont intruduce it to people , as its not for everyone , but at the same time ,for me ! its addictive , the excitment has never wained

goose bumps everytime i go out , butterflies in the stomach all the above

and its good that its not for everyone as they would be taking up valuable dance floor space oh yeah !! :wicked:

Social source share

When there's something that you're passionate about and that has deep meaning for you, it's hard to imagine that it doesn't have a universal meaning for everyone and that everybody wouldn't like it. But there's pretty much nothing that everyone will like. I used to give out my radio show to people who, in hindsight, definitely didn't care. I understand now that people don't care or might not even have the time to invest in other people's obsessions. In fact your own interest in something might totally change over the years.

My own interest in soul music has been expanded via doing a radio show, as, over time, I can "get" or understand sounds that I didn't care about before. Now I like all sorts of soul music in all sorts of different styles and tempos from the early 60s to the late 80s. But people who, for example, are just getting into the music that I liked 10 years ago might not appreciate all the sounds I like now.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!