Grey Imprint On Evil Bay

Nige Brown

Guest gordon russell

Yeah,,i meant the thread to be discussed from a record collectors point of view ,,, not the usual acid tongued opinion how good it is,,, that is personal choice surely!

acid tongued...........bit harsh because l said it was poor and pete s said it was not very good..........still you're entitled to your opinion..............me and pete on the other hand?

Social source share

It would be nice just for once if we could have a topic where the opinions and posts were about the subject and not about other members, too much of it just lately and too much off topic. Members, myself included are tired of opening topics to read something that has no relevance to the topic or is another dig at another member, time it was cut out altogether.

Sadly Chalky, one of the main reasons I spend very little time here nowdays. Which really is a shame cuz way back I though this was a great site where I learnt a lot, but many of the knowledgeable contributors have now left. The site seems to now be inhabited by many that just love winding others up or jumping straight to a fight or as you say, always making it personnal.

Oh well back to Facebook

Social source share

couple of months ago

To be precise, some years ago i got half a dozen spares which sold swiftly at the time,i listed one recently that i must have misplaced for a grand and got calls from every corner of the globe ! i dare say there is plenty of folk out there still wanting to own this record... I spoke to Mark Dobson recently about the record he commented that it never really took off at the time ,so he left it alone,a similar scenario to a number of things he plays or has played -they just need a couple more dj's to give that xtra leg up for wider acceptance (like mentioned earlier , in this case shifty gave it it's initial airing).A classic northern winner it isn't but a very nice left field niter spin with some legs left in it.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Sadly Chalky, one of the main reasons I spend very little time here nowdays. Which really is a shame cuz way back I though this was a great site where I learnt a lot, but many of the knowledgeable contributors have now left. The site seems to now be inhabited by many that just love winding others up or jumping straight to a fight or as you say, always making it personnal.

Oh well back to Facebook

Still love the knowledgeable contributions from Bobo, Pete (on english), 45Cellar, Rod, Chalky (knows more about Stafford than I do). It's a great site still, just wish some would rain it in a little

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Still love the knowledgeable contributions from Bobo, Pete (on english), 45Cellar, Rod, Chalky (knows more about Stafford than I do). It's a great site still, just wish some would rain it in a little

If you mean me I am genuinely flattered! If you don't, I'll just pretend you did :lol:

Social source share

If you mean me I am genuinely flattered! If you don't, I'll just pretend you did :lol:

Pete, we've had our run ins from time to time, but thats just life. I think your contribution to this site has been immense, don't always agree with your deep love of 70's/80's soul but hey.

All round you do try and add knowledge, wish a few more would think when posting 'Is this going to add to mans greater knowledge' if no, don't bother, un-less you just like hearing your own voice

Social source share

To be precise, some years ago i got half a dozen spares which sold swiftly at the time,i listed one recently that i must have misplaced for a grand and got calls from every corner of the globe ! i dare say there is plenty of folk out there still wanting to own this record... I spoke to Mark Dobson recently about the record he commented that it never really took off at the time ,so he left it alone,a similar scenario to a number of things he plays or has played -they just need a couple more dj's to give that xtra leg up for wider acceptance (like mentioned earlier , in this case shifty gave it it's initial airing).A classic northern winner it isn't but a very nice left field niter spin with some legs left in it.

The voice of reason, well put Andy. When you are involved in a scene that evokes so much passion in it's followers, i.e. Dj'ing and trying to find new things to play. Bearing in mind that this music hasn't been produced for 40+ years. Then the lines of what constitutes a "Northern" record, are going to become blurred, as the searcher struggles to find suitable 45's to give impetus to the dance floor, and the changing taste as we evolve and get more mature [Grumpy]

I have never been worried about the colour of the artiste's skin, just as long as it has that indefinable "something" that moves me to dance. However, in my own search for the ultimate Dj set, when I was involved, I applied a rule of thumb for records like this one [The Grey Imprint] and it was this. "Would you buy this record if it was easily available, and cost £20?

The answer for this particular record, and from a personal perspective would be "no"

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Iam now closing this thread as the Record in question has now ended its auction on EBay , and like it said originally it would be intersting and it CERTAINLY has been!1

Any more comments would take it off topic really and the Gvnr Andy Dyson & Dave Thorley have really has told all we now need know :hatsoff2:

Special thanks to them and everyone who contributed!

Nige

Heres to the next rareity for sale /auction :thumbsup:

Social source share