Shaking In The Soul Shack With Brett Franklin This Sunday December 4th

Just a quick reminder that 'Mr Brett Franklin' Sheffield's finest will be joining me in The Soul Shack on Solar Radio www.solarradio.com Channel 879 SKY DIGITAL this coming Sunday December 4th - 8pm - 10pm UK - 9pm - 11pm Central Europe, Brett's second visit is going to be a blinder, very soulful and entertaining from the man with the trendy glasses and fantastic record box.

Also 'Jo Wallace' will be my special guest stocking filler and real Christmas cracker on Sunday December 18th to give us a little taste of her new 'Soul Satisfaction' CD compilation Volume 5 from Universal and play a few tunes from her collection. There will also be a Christmas day show as Christmas falls on a Sunday this year so if your strung out on Turkey and Stuffing join me on Christmas night.

Future guests include Steve Plumb date to be confirmed, Mick Howard date to be confirmed and a few others in the new year, thanks again for all your support over the past five years, long may it continue.

Seasons Greetings - Regards Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

• Replies 54
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just a quick reminder that 'Mr Brett Franklin' Sheffield's finest will be joining me in The Soul Shack on Solar Radio www.solarradio.com Channel 879 SKY DIGITAL this coming Sunday December 4th - 8pm - 10pm UK - 9pm - 11pm Central Europe, Brett's second visit is going to be a blinder, very soulful and entertaining from the man with the trendy glasses and fantastic record box.

Also 'Jo Wallace' will be my special guest stocking filler and real Christmas cracker on Sunday December 18th to give us a little taste of her new 'Soul Satisfaction' CD compilation Volume 5 from Universal and play a few tunes from her collection. There will also be a Christmas day show as Christmas falls on a Sunday this year so if your strung out on Turkey and Stuffing join me on Christmas night.

Future guests include Steve Plumb date to be confirmed, Mick Howard date to be confirmed and a few others in the new year, thanks again for all your support over the past five years, long may it continue.

Seasons Greetings - Regards Mark Bicknell.

Almost forgot sorry, for any requests, mentions,dedications, venue information etc. for the Christmas day show etc. please get in touch bicknellmark@aol.com Plenty going on over Christmas so only too glad to give the venues a mention.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Yes we both were sorry will be...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

so will (hic) I :wave: oh, that's coz I don't drink :wave: Really looking forward to being your guest on the 17th Dec when I can give handy hints on stuffing and plucking your Christmas Bird.....and playing a few soul tunes in between :yes: Jo

Social source share

Really looking forward to being on the Rhythm 'N' Soul Shack again this coming Sunday, after all the outstanding recent guests i hope i can keep the quality rolling, i'll be playing an eclectic range of Rare Soul music from all the eras and genres, perhaps a few leftfield things aswell as the odd standard and definitly some of my personal crossover/ 70's favourites.

Brett

Edited by Brett
Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Really looking forward to being on the Rhythm 'N' Soul Shack again this coming Sunday, after all the outstanding recent guests i hope i can keep the quality rolling, i'll be playing an eclectic range of Rare Soul music from all the eras and genres, perhaps a few leftfield things aswell as the odd standard and definitly some of my personal crossover/ 70's favourites.

Brett

Looking forward to it Brett, will you be playing your recent discovery 107th Street Stickball Team :ohmy: (only joking Mr Havekin) wicked.gif

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

Looking forward to it Brett, will you be playing your recent discovery 107th Street Stickball Team :ohmy: (only joking Mr Havekin) :ohmy:

I'll play it Rich and of course lie through my teeth that Mr Havekin heard it first through me. wicked.gif

Social source share

so will (hic) I wicked.gif oh, that's coz I don't drink :ohmy: Really looking forward to being your guest on the 17th Dec when I can give handy hints on stuffing and plucking your Christmas Bird.....and playing a few soul tunes in between :ohmy: Jo

How to cook the perfect turkey, shove an onion up it's bum and slam it in the oven stops old birds from going dry.....lol keeps em' moist............lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(mark.b @ Dec 1 2005, 10:06 PM) link

hi brett

being the pedantic b"£$%$d that i am this was first played at the greatstone by john( forgot his name) a couple of years ago :ohmy:

No Way...Mr Havekin said he was in touch with members of the very Stickball Team....and that only they and him had ever seen it let alone hear it.. wicked.gif:ohmy::D

Social source share

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(mark.b @ Dec 1 2005, 10:55 PM) link

i can categorically deny that i have offered brett any amount of money for this record :lol:

mark

I said.."NOTABLE"............ :lol:

Social source share

Brett

I'll get the kettle on Brett.................a nice cup of tea will be ready for you my friend...lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

i can categorically deny that i have offered brett any amount of money for this record :lol:

mark

sorry that should have read, not offered any anount of money :lol:

i am notable, mostly for my cheery demeanor :lol:

mark

Edited by mark.b
Social source share

Guest Bearsoul

mark

NOT.......' SIR JIMMY SAVILLE' O.B.E ( SAID IN HUSHED REVERENTIAL TONE ) Edited by bearsoul
Social source share

On a serious note, i have been offered a substantial amount of money for this record from a leading and notable record collector.

Is that "substantial" amount ENOUGH to let him/her have it to "fling it like a Frisbie" Brett :lol::lol: ....

Nah.... seriously.... sure the show "has go--".... ermm I mean "will go" well mate....

With two "p*ss h**ds" in a room with "a box" to play with at their discretion I'm sure that's the perfect "mange et trois" to have a good time me thinks :lol::lol: ....

Edited by vaultofsouler
Social source share

Is that "substantial" amount ENOUGH to let him/her have it to "fling it like a Frisbie" Brett :lol::lol: ....

Nah.... seriously.... sure the show "has go--".... ermm I mean "will go" well mate....

With two "p*ss h**ds" in a room with "a box" to play with at their discretion I'm sure that's the perfect "mange et trois" to have a good time me thinks :lol::lol: ....

With that dreadful spelling of "Menage et Trois".......i fear you ought to give the medication to your patients Mr Etheridge.....rather than take it yourself :D

Social source share

With that dreadful spelling of "Menage et Trois".......i fear you ought to give the medication to your patients Mr Etheridge.....rather than take it yourself :lol:

Isn't it menage a trois ???? If you want to be picky :lol:

We'll be listening :lol:

Edited by Reg
Social source share

Look both Brett and myself feel it common practice to do the lager and soul thingy or is it soul and lager or just lager............................Mark you know us too well mate......lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

With that dreadful spelling of "Menage et Trois".......i fear you ought to give the medication to your patients Mr Etheridge.....rather than take it yourself :lol:

Mark said "eat three", which if you've ever been out for food with him is just a starter.

Theres no metabolic justice, if you know what I mean. :lol:

Social source share

:lol::lol: ....

T'was late Mr Franklin as I'd just got in from a "session" myself :D .... eye, finger, keyboard coordination, oh and remembering french never mind the spelling :lol: ....

Social source share

Mark said "eat three", which if you've ever been out for food with him is just a starter.

Theres no metabolic justice, if you know what I mean. :lol:

Says he :lol: .... remind us who's bill is 4 times that of ours :lol::D ....

Reminds me, got your take-away menus ready for Mark's show yet Steve :D:D ....

Back on topic before the moderator steps in :lol: .... remember folks, Mark "big daddy" Bicknell and Brett "hoffmeister" Franklin are doing the deed this Sunday, 4th Dec, at 8.00pm (GMT) on Solar Radio.... expect the house to be rockin' :D ........

p.s. that OK Shane :D ....

Social source share

Says he :D .... remind us who's bill is 4 times that of ours :lol::lol: ....

Reminds me, got your take-away menus ready for Mark's show yet Steve :lol::D ....

Back on topic before the moderator steps in :lol: .... remember folks, Mark "big daddy" Bicknell and Brett "hoffmeister" Franklin are doing the deed this Sunday, 4th Dec, at 8.00pm (GMT) on Solar Radio.... expect the house to be rockin' :D ........

p.s. that OK Shane :D ....

Mark.....It's not a house mate it's a shack.....lol a very soulful one add Mr Franklin in the mix and there's gonna be trouble ahead.................your turn next mate so we can get some of that Ponds Forge magic going...................be in touch sir.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Mark.....It's not a house mate it's a shack.....lol a very soulful one add Mr Franklin in the mix and there's gonna be trouble ahead.................your turn next mate so we can get some of that Ponds Forge magic going...................be in touch sir.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

I meant the listeners houses Mark :lol: ....

We will be mate cause I've to sort a date with you for your next time with us.... SOON :lol: ....

Social source share

I imagine the badlands of Manchester to be littered with many foul and sinister deviants, so as a precaution I will be armed to the teeth, "Samoan Death Club" (armed with 8 power points), a "Universal Ball-Peen Hammer" and a "Tony Jacklin Sand Wedge".......the last item incase of escaped circus dwarfs....I have encountered their ilk before, a sinister and ugly crowd hell bent on mayhem....usually stoked full of pills and amyl nitrate, a vile combination I assure you. I accept that the journey will have casualties, but for the "Love Of God and Soul Music" I feel it is my duty bound that I make this hellish Radio "Rhythm 'n' Soul Shack".... I heard Chalky was jumped by Wharf rats and they carved an X in his forehead..Just as a warning to others....very ugly but this is the world we frequent......

If I make it, I'll be on air at 8pm - 10pm Sunday December 4th...........Gods Speed.

Brett

Social source share

I imagine the badlands of Manchester to be littered with many foul and sinister deviants, so as a precaution I will be armed to the teeth, "Samoan Death Club" (armed with 8 power points), a "Universal Ball-Peen Hammer" and a "Tony Jacklin Sand Wedge".......the last item incase of escaped circus dwarfs....I have encountered their ilk before, a sinister and ugly crowd hell bent on mayhem....usually stoked full of pills and amyl nitrate, a vile combination I assure you. I accept that the journey will have casualties, but for the "Love Of God and Soul Music" I feel it is my duty bound that I make this hellish Radio "Rhythm 'n' Soul Shack".... I heard Chalky was jumped by Wharf rats and they carved an X in his forehead..Just as a warning to others....very ugly but this is the world we frequent......

If I make it, I'll be on air at 8pm - 10pm Sunday December 4th...........Gods Speed.

Brett

:D .... taken some substances tonight Brett :D:D ....

Social source share

Guest Bearsoul

SOME TOP TUNES THERE BRETT ********************

,,,GREAT SHOW MARK....DAMN FINE IN FACT.

SEE YOU AT THE GREATSTONE ON THE 17TH BRETT...ME AND CHIC KICKING OFF ...WHEN ARE WE GOING TO DD AGAIN. ONCE AGAIN BLINDING SHOW FELLAHS...LOVE THAT F.J.JONES TRACK.

CHRIS M :unsure:

Social source share

Mark & Brett, great show Sunday, some brilliant track's played. A couple of my fav's are Ruth Kristie (not sure if spelt correctly) - Make the devil stop messing with me and Pat Clayton - Someone else's turn.

Missed the Artist and full title of a brilliant track starting - Your not loving? me now? hopefully you can fill in the missing piece's.

Thank's

Karen

Social source share

Mark & Brett, great show Sunday, some brilliant track's played. A couple of my fav's are Ruth Kristie (not sure if spelt correctly) - Make the devil stop messing with me and Pat Clayton - Someone else's turn.

Missed the Artist and full title of a brilliant track starting - Your not loving? me now? hopefully you can fill in the missing piece's.

Thank's

Karen

Hi Karen, thanks for the kind words, glad you enjoyed Marks show, the artist is Ruth Christie.

Can't think of the other one off the top of my head, but i'll try to find out later when i've a spare minute.

Brett :D

Social source share

Hi Karen, thanks for the kind words, glad you enjoyed Marks show, the artist is Ruth Christie.

Can't think of the other one off the top of my head, but i'll try to find out later when i've a spare minute.

Brett :D

Thank's Brett, think it was on Whale/Wale, played after Darrow Fletcher (15yrs old Wow!). Hope this help's.

Karen

Social source share

Hi Chalky, i half taped it, then somehow forgot to press record for last half hour :D , have been in touch with Mark and asked if he could send the master recordings of the show onto me. (if so i'll send you a copy, unless someone else has it)

Ps Mac,Karen, think your right about the Jesse Fisher....It'll be my bloody awful Northern accent thats thrown you Karen. :(

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert