Record Shops Etc In North/south Carolina & Savannah Georgia

from Raleigh you can head back a bit to All Day Records in Carrboro & CD Alley in Chapel Hill

Schoolkids Records & Nice Price are in Raleigh.

In SC on the east side there isn't a lot, Horizon Records & Cabin Floor Records are in Greenville which is a bit west of where you're going.

Unfortunately the East side of the Carolinas & Savannah are pretty barren for record stores, you might get lucky at an antique mall or something but other than that.

You might try contacting Jason Perlmutter through his Carolina Soul website for some more tips or to set something up since he sells 45s privately.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

from Raleigh you can head back a bit to All Day Records in Carrboro & CD Alley in Chapel Hill

Schoolkids Records & Nice Price are in Raleigh.

In SC on the east side there isn't a lot, Horizon Records & Cabin Floor Records are in Greenville which is a bit west of where you're going.

Unfortunately the East side of the Carolinas & Savannah are pretty barren for record stores, you might get lucky at an antique mall or something but other than that.

You might try contacting Jason Perlmutter through his Carolina Soul website for some more tips or to set something up since he sells 45s privately.

Many thanks Kris - appreciate that.

Social source share

I passed through Savannah in the late 80's and found a fantastic place on the edge of town, it was almost in the woods. The guy had bought a lot of stuff from when James Brown was made bankrupt so he had tons of James Brown related memorabilia, stage clothes etc and a mammoth stock of 45's.

Typically I was with a U.S. girlfriend and her family at the time en route to Hilton Head island so I only had 20 minutes or so before they started agitating to leave and get to Hilton Head island! So I left with a couple of Lorraine Chandlers and an Ann Sexton and vowed to go back there by myself next time. Naturally I never did make it back but the place has haunted me ever since. It definitely would have been a bonanza. I'm pretty sure someone else must have found it since............

Ian D :D

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!