Clem Curtis - Point Of No Return - Pye - Wow

Pete S

I don't usually get my knickers in a twist over a 70's record, especially a British produced one, but blimey that Clem Curtis record is fantastic, it must surely be the best UK produced soul 45 of the 70's - both sides as well. The production, if you've never heard it before, sounds just like a Willie Mitchell / Hi Studios production like you'd hear on Ann Peebles or Al Green at that time. Great vocal on both sides too. I resisted buying this because I thought I;d come across one easily, I didn't, I paid £55 off Rob Messer for a demo and I think it would take double that to get it off me now. Great stuff.

p.s. should I see a doctor?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Has a nice flipside too, cover of Eddie Floyd 'I've Never Found a Girl'.

I have the yellow Demo to Pete (had it for 30 odd years).

An issue, apparently, went for £300 recently... :ohmy: so 55 squid is a real bargain.

:thumbsup:

Sean

£300!!! blimey! wouldn't have thought it was that hard Sean! that one that Pete posted is off me YT channel, sent it up a couple of years back. that one cost me a quid I think? (mind that was off Pete Ludlum back in the late 80's I think?)

And agree, great version of Eddie Floyd on flip. Looking forward to a catch up at Essence Sean. :thumbsup:

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!