My First Soundcloud Podcast

Phild

• Replies 23
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

and i thought id give it a listen.....and im so glad i did, some pearlers on there for sure,download option would be nice bud ? and a label listing too please ?,thanks

jason

I'd echo that Jason.

Great job Phil.

Very, very, tasty choices with lots I didn't recognise.

Thanks a bunch,

:thumbsup:

Sean

Edited by Sean Hampsey
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Not had chance to listen but will do so later, appreciate time people take to do these as great way of hearing stuff these days, the y2k equivalent of tape swapping, must have a bash myself.

One thing worth mentioning Phil it is maybe worth checking with Mike if he is comfortable with having the download option available on site. I think we had some discussion previously, but given all the stuff that is going on around file sharing at moment you probably need to clear it.

I think at moment it is a hot topic in industry so my view, personal I should say, is better safe than sorry

Social source share

Not had chance to listen but will do so later, appreciate time people take to do these as great way of hearing stuff these days, the y2k equivalent of tape swapping, must have a bash myself.

One thing worth mentioning Phil it is maybe worth checking with Mike if he is comfortable with having the download option available on site. I think we had some discussion previously, but given all the stuff that is going on around file sharing at moment you probably need to clear it.

I think at moment it is a hot topic in industry so my view, personal I should say, is better safe than sorry

I'm not quite sure what to do about that?

I only posted a link to the Soundcloud webpage, there's no downloading available from SS as far as I'm aware. But if it's a problem then I'll remove the post. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Phil

Social source share

I'm not quite sure what to do about that?

I only posted a link to the Soundcloud webpage, there's no downloading available from SS as far as I'm aware. But if it's a problem then I'll remove the post. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Phil

I thought it was an option you chose to allow download?

As I say Phil, not making any comment on site views etc, just aware Mike doesn;t see everything so maybe worth just checking in with him, it may be okay with third party being host etc.

On a very selfish view certainly don't want to discourage you and others from doing stuff like this, it is much appreciated, My impression from Mike's posts on refosoul is this is all under consideration at moment, but certainly don't want to sound like I am speaking on his, or sites, behalf.

Social source share

I thought it was an option you chose to allow download?

As I say Phil, not making any comment on site views etc, just aware Mike doesn;t see everything so maybe worth just checking in with him, it may be okay with third party being host etc.

On a very selfish view certainly don't want to discourage you and others from doing stuff like this, it is much appreciated, My impression from Mike's posts on refosoul is this is all under consideration at moment, but certainly don't want to sound like I am speaking on his, or sites, behalf.

Yes it was an option I chose, but on Soundcloud. There is nothing hosted on SS. I just pasted a URL into my original post.

Social source share

just a very quick post on how generally look at third party website links and content

terms of use do cover this in a generic sort of way

can understand concerns and such

but the only concern we have with links to third party sites media content

is if the site has "legal" status in our view

in this case at current moment talking it that soundcloud is

so links to content are allowed

hope helps

mike

Social source share

just a very quick post on how generally look at third party website links and content

terms of use do cover this in a generic sort of way

can understand concerns and such

but the only concern we have with links to third party sites media content

is if the site has "legal" status in our view

in this case at current moment talking it that soundcloud is

so links to content are allowed

hope helps

mike

Thanks for the clarification Mike :thumbsup:

Social source share

One of the best NS mixes I have heard in a long time Phil, really appreciate you doing it......if that is an example of a set you would play when DJing I'll be at a Nighter with you on the rosta some time soon.

Now all I need to know, is how to do it myself....... :g:

Best Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

One of the best NS mixes I have heard in a long time Phil, really appreciate you doing it......if that is an example of a set you would play when DJing I'll be at a Nighter with you on the rosta some time soon.

Now all I need to know, is how to do it myself....... :g:

Best Russ

Then I'll hopefully see you at Morecambe Carleton Inn on May 6th :thumbsup:

It's easy to do just record from a USB turntable into a PC, or out of your stereo into a laptop. There's a few guides on here how to do that. Then you simply upload onto a site like Soundcloud

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert