NEV

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The copies with the YUCCA ST. address are the 70's recut copies. Demo and issue.

James moved from Chicago to the West Coast, where he cut another version of the song ... he's been back in Chicago for quite a long time

He said he left 45s behind in a facility, lock-up I assume, but it was a bit far for him to check what was actually there

Andy

Social source share

Cheers Nev. Like I said don't recall ever seeing one.

You say it is the same as the 70's Blue label copy but doesn't make sense really as the layout is almost the same as the red label release?

Know what you mean ,but if you look at the 1970 label ,apart from the obvious colour and more elegant label design ,all the credits match ,unlike the red label copies ?

Either way I still think its a rare one and to be fair ,it is not a bad rework ,albeit in a 70's style .

Social source share

Know what you mean ,but if you look at the 1970 label ,apart from the obvious colour and more elegant label design ,all the credits match ,unlike the red label copies ?

Either way I still think its a rare one and to be fair ,it is not a bad rework ,albeit in a 70's style .

Yeah noticed the credits are the same, address etc, just strange the demo is very similar to the red label copy and nothing like the blue label issue. Like you say a rare one either way, thanks for posting.

Social source share

James moved from Chicago to the West Coast, where he cut another version of the song ... he's been back in Chicago for quite a long time

He said he left 45s behind in a facility, lock-up I assume, but it was a bit far for him to check what was actually there

Andy

My friend who talked to him would have definitely asked about records and didn't learn anything, I can ask him to reask Dockery about a storage unit.

Finewine was telling me the other day that the Jonah Dockery record on Thomas (which is him, from LA, leased to the Chicago label) should be a big record someday.

Social source share

My friend who talked to him would have definitely asked about records and didn't learn anything, I can ask him to reask Dockery about a storage unit.

Finewine was telling me the other day that the Jonah Dockery record on Thomas (which is him, from LA, leased to the Chicago label) should be a big record someday.

" a big record someday " ?

Along with a zillion others Bob .lol

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert