Site With Awesome Soul Interviews (Among Others)

boba

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dreskiboogie

Thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate it.

I just finished another interview, this one is with Tony Amaro. He later became known under his given name Antonio Castro with which he recorded the track W.E.L.F.A.R.E.

othersounds.com

Enjoy!

Edited by Dreskiboogie
Social source share

• 2 months later...
Guest Dreskiboogie

Finished another interview for my blog. Camille E. Hodge owned CAB / Camille Records based in the Bronx. It was mostly a Calypso label so this interview might not be for every one but there's some interesting details included if you ask me.

Enjoy!

https://othersounds.com/

Social source share

Finished another interview for my blog. Camille E. Hodge owned CAB / Camille Records based in the Bronx. It was mostly a Calypso label so this interview might not be for every one but there's some interesting details included if you ask me.

Enjoy!

https://othersounds.com/

cool, looks very thorough, will read it when i get a chance. there is a soul 45 by Connie McGill and the Visions on the label, I'm sure I have at least one more soul 45 on the label.

Social source share

Guest Dreskiboogie

Camille said the competition on the RnB market was fierce and I guess it wasn't really his main focus. He added that he recorded four RnB / Soul 45's, all by guys named Jimmy which is Jimmy Dockett, Jimmy Lomax and I guess Jimmy Smiley (which I have never heard) and maybe Jimmy Riley?

Social source share

Camille said the competition on the RnB market was fierce and I guess it wasn't really his main focus. He added that he recorded four RnB / Soul 45's, all by guys named Jimmy which is Jimmy Dockett, Jimmy Lomax and I guess Jimmy Smiley (which I have never heard) and maybe Jimmy Riley?

the other one I had was Jimmy Dockett. My friend knows him if you have some sort of desire to talk to him about this article or whatever.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert