Linda Griner Question

boba

I have been told two different things about Linda Griner on motown, coming from many different people. There is a pressing of the 45 that says "goodbye cruel world" instead of "goodbye cruel love". I've been told by some people that it was just on the label and that it was an identical recording and told by other people that it's a rare alternate recording where she actually says "goodbye cruel world". Both sets of people were usually totally sure and some people claimed to have heard the alternate recording.

Right now on ebay a Belgian seller has a WLP of the "world" title with audio. I listened to the audio and it was identical to the "cruel love" track. So does this settle my question or are there actually some pressings that play a totally different version of the track? Thanks in advance.

Edited by 45cellar
Artist Tag
Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Bob,

If I can find the interview I did with Linda for Manifesto magazine I'll post it up. I asked about the two variants and she confirmed that it was merely a mistake on the labelling rather than there being two recordings. I have a studio take which is simply an alternative take rather than alternative lyrics and still uses "Goodbye cruel love" throughout.

Hope that helps

Best

Steve :)

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Is Fudge on here. I know he collects music sheets of the songs. I'd bet a pound to a pound, that he would have a copy of this one?

if not, maybe a search on Gemm, ebay etc could turn up one for sale that would answer your question?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert