Millie Jackson Cover Of Seven Say Lover

Guest aintgotit

Guest aintgotit

Hi , im looking for any informtion available on a tune i heard recently, James Fountain is the vocalist everyone is familiar with singing "Seven day lover". I recognised Millie jackson as the artist doing a fantastic job of covering this popular northern classic. Can anyone shed light on it, was it on any of millies albums, or is it an unnissued job.Many thanks .

Social source share

Hi , im looking for any informtion available on a tune i heard recently, James Fountain is the vocalist everyone is familiar with singing "Seven day lover". I recognised Millie jackson as the artist doing a fantastic job of covering this popular northern classic. Can anyone shed light on it, was it on any of millies albums, or is it an unnissued job.Many thanks .

If it is her, it's not a LP track!!!

Social source share

Guest aintgotit

its definitely millie jackson as theres one or two of those," oh oh"s she punctuates her songs with.( two oh,s but done only once if you know what i mean). the tempos the same but sounds a little different in the arrangement. i like having a guess at the artist when i hear a song and millie jackson,s not too hard to recognise ive heard doctored lyrics and alternate vocals on tunes before . this sounded like a different production all together. a;though having only heard it once i couldnt swear.

Social source share

I am almost 100% certain it is not on any of her LP's, thought I had full set and pretty sure I woudn't have missed this, although stranger things and all that.

I would take some convincing this has not been talked about before if it really is her, probably need to get Hadriana Crossdresser, the 100 club and Kent Guru or his compadre Mr Rounce to comment on this since they have rights to her stuff I think.

Edited by jocko
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

It aint Millie J... that's for sure.

I own and listened to everything Millie has ever had issued and spent 6 months compiling the 22 track Millie Jackson 'Soul For The Dancefloor' CD with Ady C.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Soul-Dancefloor-Millie-Jackson/dp/tracks/B0013NBBHE/ref=dp_tracks_all_1#disc_1

Any loose ends, US Mixes and Re-Edits were done via the Master Tapes, which were scoured extensively at Kent by Ady & Tony (as Jocko suggests).

If 'Seven Day Lover' had been there, you can bet it wouldn't have been missed.

(And if it was... I'd be very upset... LOL)

A doctored 'Raymond Smith' as Dean suggests or a frigged with James Fountain is almost a cert!

:0)

Sean

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Having heard each and every single note of music that Millie recorded for Spring in the course of my travels through Ace's tape inventory on her - even more than Sean and Ady, as I've played through all the actual multitrack tapes, as well as the production masters - including false starts, breakdowns, studio chat etc. - I can state quite categorically, and without fear of being proven wrong in the future, that there is no Millie Jackson recording of 'Seven Day Lover'.

As Dean says it's probably a doctored version of the Raymond Smith recording, which will be less familiar to some than James Fountain's is...

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

Guest aintgotit

where would i get to hear raymond smiths version.? Ive convinced myself its millie jackson , and when i asked this guy playing it he told me it was on an mp3 so that sounds like pete,s idea that its a doctored vocal is right . i asked if it was on an album and he had no idea ( the guy playing the une , not pete .

Social source share

• 1 year later...
Guest Mary Jane Bey

thank u Tony and thank u Aintgotit although you don't know  for leading me to this page or i would never have found this forum :-)  

was looking for millie J things  im a huge fan too  but you can read that in my profile if you like.

Bye

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!