Help Thinking Of Some Records

Weingarden

For a project I'm doing that involves songs with names in the titles (Bobby Is My Baby, Carlena, etc., etc., etc.), I'm stumped on X and Y name records. Can anyone think of a soul, R&B, blues, funk, or gospel record that has a male or female name in the title or lyrics that starts with an X (probably a lost cause) or a Y (Yvonne, Yvette, Yolanda, Yul...?)

Thanks!

Social source share

For a project I'm doing that involves songs with names in the titles (Bobby Is My Baby, Carlena, etc., etc., etc.), I'm stumped on X and Y name records. Can anyone think of a soul, R&B, blues, funk, or gospel record that has a male or female name in the title or lyrics that starts with an X (probably a lost cause) or a Y (Yvonne, Yvette, Yolanda, Yul...?)

Thanks!

in doing a web search for y names i hit this page;

https://baby-names.adoption.com/browse/y.html

i feel bad for babies today

Social source share

also i'll put money down that nobody can find a soul song with an "x" name in the title

gonna fix you good...ooops misread post lololol

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Thanks!

Yvonne is the title of the B side to Jerry Williams- If You Ask Me

Social source share

that's probably the most common x name but I definitely can't think of a soul song with that in the title. it seems like the type of title that someone would remember too.

I have googled it, carefully mind, and nothing jumped out. Sounds kind of LP track tucked away on a late 70's rock/funk LP, Will search tonight but not hopeful!

Social source share

I have googled it, carefully mind, and nothing jumped out. Sounds kind of LP track tucked away on a late 70's rock/funk LP, Will search tonight but not hopeful!

I got one that doesn't really count. There is that really weird late 70s soul record, produced by Marvin Gaye, by a singer named Xavier on the Capquarius label. it's called "love man". And he's talking about himself. So the song is about an Xavier. But it's not in the title of the song, only the artist.

Social source share

Ximena , Xiomara, Xavier and Xaviera (Spanish) and Xochitl (Aztec/Mexican) are women's names. I know many people with both (surrounded by Latino Americans in Los Angeles part of each year). But, unfortunately, I don't listen to Mexican pop music radio to know of a song.

Edited by RobbK
Social source share

xavier cugat - goldfinger ( cugie a-go-go )

xavier cugat - musica para ver a las chicas ( popcorn treasures vol 5 ) lol

i really need to clean out my media player...

Social source share

the exciters!!

a) the exciters isn't the title of the song

b) the name doesn't start with the letter 'x' which was the context of the conversation

there are a bunch of soul groups whose actual name starts with the letter x but matt was going for a song about a girl or guy whose name starts with the letter x.

Social source share

Xavier your love by soul patrol LOL

That was bad (the comment) not the track that i've never heard before but i like, thanks for putting it up

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

Thanks!

It's not a real name but it was his surname

not northern but quite a nice reggae tune and as close as you will get

Andy

or this dont know the genre though !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfCdKEoUrWQ

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

Guest allnightandy

That was bad (the comment) not the track that i've never heard before but i like, thanks for putting it up

classic no frills oldie !
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

also i'll put money down that nobody can find a soul song with an "x" name in the title

it,s probably a .....X over record :D

Social source share

a) the exciters isn't the title of the song

b) the name doesn't start with the letter 'x' which was the context of the conversation

there are a bunch of soul groups whose actual name starts with the letter x but matt was going for a song about a girl or guy whose name starts with the letter x.

Easy. 'X Marks The Spot' - Obrey Wilson

First thing I thought of........

Ian D :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!