'steve Plumb's Vintage Soul' - My New Column In Blues & Soul Is Finally Online

Not sure if this is the correct place for this so please can one of the mods move it to the relevant place if it's in the wrong part of the forum?

Here's a link to my new column in Blues & Soul called Steve Plumb's Vintage Soul

https://www.bluesandsoul.com/column/138/steve_plumbs_vintage_soul/

It's been in the printed magazine since December and it's now finally online :-)

Would welcome comments (good or bad)

Cheers

Steve

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Great...and I'm sure I'm not alone in agreeing with you Steve ref your comment about the superb Spencer Wiggins 45 from last year! Also agree that the Marjorie Ingram needs to be heard out more.

I look forward to seeing future articles and reviews, both yours and other knowledgeable writers / collectors / dealers etc, as there's some amazing previously unreleased tracks still being found and properly issued by the various individuals and labels you quote, and more besides. For a vinyl loving soul fan on a budget, this is excellent news :thumbsup:

All the best, Steve.

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

Hi Steve,

just like to say the new look Vintage Soul is - quote "the column of the acknowledged - accepted by the approved". :lol:

Great to see your reviews are deeply inkeeping and traditionally soulful.

:thumbup:

Regards,

Nick.

Edited by Nick Harrison
Social source share

Superb stuff Steve.

You da man for this!

Good to see real Soul Music getting decent reviews.

Brilliant news mate.

:thumbsup:

Cheers,

Sean

Here here !!!

A great read Steve keep the good work up....already looking forward to your next column...

ktf

tfk :thumbsup:

p.s Any chance of reviewing those unissued philly sessions tapes that you compiled at the Sound Sigma studios aka Berwick ? do you still have the cassette???? :shhh:

Edited by tfk
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Not sure if this is the correct place for this so please can one of the mods move it to the relevant place if it's in the wrong part of the forum?

Here's a link to my new column in Blues & Soul called Steve Plumb's Vintage Soul

https://www.bluesands...s_vintage_soul/

It's been in the printed magazine since December and it's now finally online :-)

Cheers

Steve

Was good to see your column in print and now even more accessable online - great reviews - well done that man.

You gonna have some of the tuneage on sale at Lowton tonite?

See you later

Baz

Social source share

Was good to see your column in print and now even more accessable online - great reviews - well done that man.

You gonna have some of the tuneage on sale at Lowton tonite?

See you later

Baz

Hi Baz

Thanks for that, yep will have some or all of that Top 10 with me tonite at Lowton

See you later

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Here here !!!

A great read Steve keep the good work up....already looking forward to your next column...

ktf

tfk :thumbsup:

p.s Any chance of reviewing those unissued philly sessions tapes that you compiled at the Sound Sigma studios aka Berwick ? do you still have the cassette???? :shhh:

Hello TFK

If Ian Dewhirst and all the folks behind the Philly edits ever got hold of that cassette, including the Jean Carn re-work it'd be the biggest thing on the scene :shhh:

I'm sure it still exists somewhere and one day it will be unleashed on the unsuspecting public just like it was unleashed on Pete Haigh & Bob Jeffries on the radio at the time :lol:

Thanks Andy, speak soon mate

Cheers

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Steve,

just like to say the new look Vintage Soul is - quote "the column of the acknowledged - accepted by the approved". :lol:

Great to see your reviews are deeply inkeeping and traditionally soulful.

:thumbup:

Regards,

Nick.

Thanks Nick, I dug out me books on philosophy and think the above is a compliment :thumbsup:

Speak soon Sir

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Great...and I'm sure I'm not alone in agreeing with you Steve ref your comment about the superb Spencer Wiggins 45 from last year! Also agree that the Marjorie Ingram needs to be heard out more.

I look forward to seeing future articles and reviews, both yours and other knowledgeable writers / collectors / dealers etc, as there's some amazing previously unreleased tracks still being found and properly issued by the various individuals and labels you quote, and more besides. For a vinyl loving soul fan on a budget, this is excellent news :thumbsup:

All the best, Steve.

Cheers Steve much appreciated :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

It's quite a few years since I bought Blues and Soul - I think I might start buying it again now. Well done Steve on reviewing some fine Soul records and I hadn't realised Frank Elson was back on board, looking forward to reading it again.

Cheers

Manus

Social source share

Hello TFK

If Ian Dewhirst and all the folks behind the Philly edits ever got hold of that cassette, including the Jean Carn re-work it'd be the biggest thing on the scene :shhh:

I'm sure it still exists somewhere and one day it will be unleashed on the unsuspecting public just like it was unleashed on Pete Haigh & Bob Jeffries on the radio at the time :lol:

Cheers

Steve

Nice one Steve.....

I can just see Pete and Bobs face now-they were gob smacked both stood there with their mouths wide open staring down at the tape deck.....I can remember Pete Haigh turning round and saying " what is that!!!!" - Its the Terra Sherma strings and things unissued cover up take 6 Pete...good innitt ??? :thumbup: Another great tuneage for sure -love um-Getting down to that Philly sound!!!-

Great intro toooooooo Steve :- a one a one a one two three !????!!!**!!!!.....mmm if i remember correctly the intro started like The Parliments Rainy day outing????? then off on a full blown Philly dancer....

ktf

tfk :rofl:

Steve will your reviews be available on line if so is it via the link above?

Edited by tfk
Social source share

Cheers

Steve

Tell me more Steve! I'm pretty tight with Kenny & Leon these days! :thumbsup:

Ian D :D

Social source share

Cheers

Steve

Nice one Steve.

Is the mag downloadable? I've looked but can't see any link, either buy or read online by the looks of it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!