Mary Wells - When I'm Gone

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Must say that all those 'Sound Superb' albums are great , I think most if not all have some unreleased tracks on ?

Swifty :thumbsup:

Yeah the Four Tops "I can't help myself" album, one of the greatest lp's of all time and I almost wore the grooves out of my copy of that in 1974/75.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

It's included on this US Motown album:

Mary Wells - Vintage Stock (MS-653 / MT-653) November 1966

Vintage_1966.jpg

...which was its first ever release, if you're particular about having it OVO style.

First UK release was on 'Motown Memories Vol. 2' in 1968 - STML 11077 if memory serves...

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

Was going to be her follow-up 45 to the big hit "My Guy" (that was on the US charts from April to July 64).

All arrangements made for it to become Motown 1061 in June 64 (b/w "Guarantee For A Lifetime") but she started proceedings to break her Motown contract, so the 45 was pulled.

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Was going to be her follow-up 45 to the big hit "My Guy" (that was on the US charts from April to July 64).

All arrangements made for it to become Motown 1061 in June 64 (b/w "Guarantee For A Lifetime") but she started proceedings to break her Motown contract, so the 45 was pulled.

Before there's an outbreak of frenzied hunting for a 45 that doesn't actually exist, perhaps it should be clarified that the plan for it to be issued as the follow up to 'My Guy' never got past the scheduling stage, and that this coupling of tracks never even got as far as the test pressing stage.
Social source share

interesting info, thanks

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert