Did I Get A Bargain?

Pete S

• Replies 40
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

You must've been sweating buckets over that one. I'm green with envy, I can hardly believe my eyes!

Nah not really, saw it as soon as it went on, put a snipe bid of £55 quid on it then just forgot about it, it was there for everyone to see for a week, though it was in pop 50's and 60's...

Social source share

p.s. it arrived this morning and I sold it for £125 within 5 minutes of me opening it. Would love to keep some of these records one day!

If it's what you do for a living, you have to sell them on I suppose. Profit margins like that are very rare I guess, a good start to the year Pete.

Social source share

nice one Pete ' i once got Christine Cooper Heartaches away in mint - condition $10 dollars from a dealer in USA who was selling loads of pop stuff ' never found a real bargain since .

Social source share

nice one Pete ' i once got Christine Cooper Heartaches away in mint - condition $10 dollars from a dealer in USA who was selling loads of pop stuff ' never found a real bargain since .

No mate they are few and far between, though 60's soul boy on here got a holly st james a couple of months back for $5 or something like that!

Social source share

I'm not sure about that though, the fact nobody saw it because it was not spelt properly, I certainly never did a search for 'Epitome', I just saw it there.

You've a sharp eye my friend and congratulations.

That link above is every misspelled 'northern soul' listing on Ebay. Don't tell anyone though.. :shhh:

Social source share

Guest posstot

I'm tempted to say it is due to the shape of that ridge near the centre but this is the copy I mentioned that is very, very hard to tell.

i thought originals were both red print and black. look for a stamp pressed in the label...a small indentation about 10 mm in fromthe paper edge. Or i'm getting mixed up with another 45.

Mike

Social source share

No mate they are few and far between, though 60's soul boy on here got a holly st james a couple of months back for $5 or something like that!

Holly St James ABC Demo, and Ollie Jackson "Just A little While" Pepper Demo - $15 inc postage for the two! That was a GOOD day :-)

Social source share

i thought originals were both red print and black. look for a stamp pressed in the label...a small indentation about 10 mm in fromthe paper edge. Or i'm getting mixed up with another 45.

Mike

Yes they are both red and black but the black print was done in a very very convincing counterfeit.

The braille stamp can be anywhere on the label, one side or both sides

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

• 2 years later...

I was reading this as I am trying to determine if the copy of the Epitome of Sound I have had storeed away in my collection for the last 30year plus is the original or not, but I beleive it is very hard to tell. Its flesh/creamy colou (but more flesh I believe ) the the red txt. There is no stamped matrix in the run out deadwax so how do I tell? I see there is something stamped under the lable about the 2pm position but I can't forsake tell what it is supposd to be. Can anyone help??

Social source share

I was reading this as I am trying to determine if the copy of the Epitome of Sound I have had storeed away in my collection for the last 30year plus is the original or not, but I beleive it is very hard to tell. Its flesh/creamy colou (but more flesh I believe ) the the red txt. There is no stamped matrix in the run out deadwax so how do I tell? I see there is something stamped under the lable about the 2pm position but I can't forsake tell what it is supposd to be. Can anyone help??

Don't worry, if it's cream, it's real..

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Don't worry, if it's cream, it's real..

Ok cool. I was in a thread on FB and folks seem to be really confused about this one and some were saying it has to have this under the lable stamp and 8pm and or on flip side others said, very confusing. But I thought that it was, just wanted clarify what that thing is about the stamp under the label.

Social source share

Ok cool. I was in a thread on FB and folks seem to be really confused about this one and some were saying it has to have this under the lable stamp and 8pm and or on flip side others said, very confusing. But I thought that it was, just wanted clarify what that thing is about the stamp under the label.

It's a little like braille, but don't worry, there is no boot of that record on the cream label with red lettering.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!