Best 12" On The Scene ?

Simon M

• Replies 141
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

TERRY CALLIER - I DONT WANNA SEE MYSELF - ?

has this ever been released on 7 " ( without the lo..........................................ng intro )

If you go back to the Aycliffe reply from about 3 months back you'll find the answer, unless you thought I wasn't telling the truth, then :huh::D:D

HI ALL, YEAH GOT TO BE RONNIE LOVEMAN STOKES FOR ME-I GAVE IT A SPIN AT THE LAST RSG, :D

I'VE ONLY HAD IT FOR ABOUT 20 YEARS(COST ME £5) :) HAS ANYONE GOT ANY IDEA WHAT IT GOES FOR NOW ? I DID A BIT OF A STAFFORD SET, SO GAVE RONNIE A SPIN AS WELL!, AS DAVE THORLEY WAS OUR GUEST DJ

CHEERS S.B :P

One just sold off ebay for just over £140.

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Love this thread

Few more that I am partial to -

The Bygraves "Set Me Free" Un - Heard (What A Record !)

Rosemary Bain "Please Consider" Popcorn 1993

Donna Gardier "I'll Be There" Virgin 1990 (Fond Memories Of Upnorth Weekenders)

Billy John "Willing Ways" Kaption (Nice 70s sounding Indi production not great)

Social source share

Nick Allen - Need More Time on T.I.M.E. 12" wicked.gif

Girf

Didn't realise this thread was still going...........................

Nick Allen a BEAST of a 12" and one that surely will go huge (one day)

Very similar in feel and tempo to 'So many sides of you' (and before you reply Gav, no the vox aint as good as BW but whose is????) :ohmy:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Guest taylormadesoul

ARCHIE BELL - HARDER AND HARDER....BECKET RECORDS

bought a copy of this about 6-7 years ago,seem to remember it

gettin a few spins a while ago...great little chooonnnn IMO...... :thumbsup:

although ive not heard it played out for a while.

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Nice record. Still looking for a copy :thumbsup:

I had around 200 of them that went to Dave Thorley, speak to him if you have no joy let me know !

Social source share

Not a favourite, but just digging through some vinyl & quite liked: Tomorrow's Wish -My Love With You / You Happened To Me - Coastal Records.

I forgot how much the A side sounds like Tearra - Loving You

I like this un - it reminds of another fave of mine 'Gifted Four' 'Are you choosing' on Ham-Sem

Social source share

Guest SHAUN BYRNES

ANOTHER ONE I LIKE IS LARRY WU-LET ME SHOW YOU, BOUGHT IT AT THE FIRST BLACKPOOL SOUL WEEKENDER :thumbsup: , ALL THE BETTER FOR HAVING STEVE DAVIS(SNOOKER PLAYER) STOOD NEXT TO ME, ASKING ME IF IT WAS ANY GOOD? TOLD HIM "THINK IT'S OUT OF YOUR PRICE RANGE MATE" :thumbsup: HE LAUGHED!!!

Social source share

A twelver, but strictly speaking an EMI mini LP by Color Blind containing the track "Crazy". Anybody know if it got a release otherwise?

Just listening to the 12 of George Benson - On Broadway ...........nice!

Think Ive got the UK 12 on Color Blind ... :D

Social source share

I'm with you on this one Derek, top top record, her best record IMHO :D

ANDY MANN

3rdded, f***ing fantastic piece of music, Jim O'Hara found a few of these and spread the word. proper soul music, seems strange on 12" though, anyone know the year and history of it??

Was a 12" (horrible pink vinyl mind) of this in ebay other week £5 and not one bid, was going to post link here but didn't want to in case someone was watching for bargain.

Have to look out couple of 12"'s for Mr Gasher today so will find this and play it a few 100 times I think.

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

ANOTHER ONE I LIKE IS LARRY WU-LET ME SHOW YOU, BOUGHT IT AT THE FIRST BLACKPOOL SOUL WEEKENDER :D , ALL THE BETTER FOR HAVING STEVE DAVIS(SNOOKER PLAYER) STOOD NEXT TO ME, ASKING ME IF IT WAS ANY GOOD? TOLD HIM "THINK IT'S OUT OF YOUR PRICE RANGE MATE" :D HE LAUGHED!!!

Always reminds of Kev Griffin early 1984 (Steve G's good mate) saying to me. I'm going commercial Simon, like Steve Walsh and this is my power play Larry Wu ...Brilliant

:D

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

A few from me

Phil Hurtt - Giving It Back

Grace Little - The Love I Lost

Taana Gardner - It's You I Need

James Ingram - Lean On Me

Jimmy Young - Times Are Tight

Shazz feat Ken Norris- Lenny Fontana's Mixes

Victor Davies - Fire

Was A Bee - This Is What You Are

Rov Ve - Gotta Go By What You Tell Me

Reggie Hall - Music

Light Of The World - Happy

Teddy Pendergrass - Believe In Love

just a few of my favourite 12's :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Funnily enough I heard a corker tonight a 12" of a familiar tune that was absolutely superb Kev Etheridge played it at the 3 Greyhounds and sad to say i had never heard the 12" version before

Eddie Kendricks - Date with the rain

come to think of it his other stormer of the same album is a mighty mighty 12"

Eddie Kendricks - Girl you need a change of mind

Trouty

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Netspeaky

I think the confusion over the Bill Haris track comes from the fact you have a short and long version, people on hearing the longer version most probably take it that it's a 12" version of the song.

Social source share

Guest biggray1

But :(

15. Am I Cold, Am I Hot - Bill Harris

We conclude with a feel good finale record that epitomises the point where 70s end of crossover northern soul meets modern soul and keeps everyone happy. Like the We The People track, the original 7' exchanges hands for £100 - £150 while re-issues satisfy the ever-increasing demand for this gem (which is even harder to find on a US RCA 12'). Written and produced by the extraordinarily talented late, great, Van McCoy it's a pure soul delight. Much like this entire compilation!

Compiled by Richard Searling & Ralph Tee

Simon there is an extended version of Bill Harris's AIHAIC..On a Rca sampler from the Early Seventies!! wiich is about 5+mins long

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Funnily enough I heard a corker tonight a 12" of a familiar tune that was absolutely superb Kev Etheridge played it at the 3 Greyhounds and sad to say i had never heard the 12" version before

Eddie Kendricks - Date with the rain

come to think of it his other stormer of the same album is a mighty mighty 12"

Eddie Kendricks - Girl you need a change of mind

Trouty

[/quote

Fantastic record John,the track is taken off of the Lp titled People hold on..Uk and Us releases and cheap as chips too... Great tune waiting to have its day!! :(

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Best 12INCHER I have heared this year is,,,,,Changing for you...Chilites... awesome early 80s Soul..can be found on 45 too,check out Pat Bradys for a sound file Changing for you!

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Gray I know I have the album, 12 and 7 of both of them

Actually the 12 of date with the rain was a pressy from Mrs Trout this year, if you haven't heard it i stropngly suggest that you do very different from the LP and 7 whislt maintaining the essence simply superb IMVFHO

John

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Gray I know I have the album, 12 and 7 of both of them

Actually the 12 of date with the rain was a pressy from Mrs Trout this year, if you haven't heard it i stropngly suggest that you do very different from the LP and 7 whislt maintaining the essence simply superb IMVFHO

John

Thanx Johnners will have a look around for the twelve..Anyone got a Kareem for sale :(

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

HI ALL, YEAH GOT TO BE RONNIE LOVEMAN STOKES FOR ME-I GAVE IT A SPIN AT THE LAST RSG, :unsure:

I'VE ONLY HAD IT FOR ABOUT 20 YEARS(COST ME £5) whistling.gif HAS ANYONE GOT ANY IDEA WHAT IT GOES FOR NOW ? I DID A BIT OF A STAFFORD SET, SO GAVE RONNIE A SPIN AS WELL!, AS DAVE THORLEY WAS OUR GUEST DJ

CHEERS S.B :wicked:

Hi,

Can anyone post a soundfile of the Ronnie Loveman Stokes?

Cheers and many thanks

Steve.

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Thanx Johnners will have a look around for the twelve..Anyone got a Kareem for sale :thumbsup:

I am sure Paul Sutton in Brighton had one up for grabs ? Did you get one or would you like me to find out ?

Social source share

On a West Kenyan NIA import. Reminds me of Sheffield Tiffany's in the early 80's. I have one for sale incidentally.

Great thread this.

Really like the 12" version of "Summertime" by High Frequency.

Social source share

On a West Kenyan NIA import. Reminds me of Sheffield Tiffany's in the early 80's. I have one for sale incidentally.
Was great upstairs at Tiffanys in the early 80s (room called treetops i think).

Seen Summertime 12s on orange NIA & gold NIA labels (mine's orange) but didn't realise it came out of Kenya. The 7" versions good but the 12" knocks spots off it.

Just out of curiousity how much do you want for it?

Social source share

Mine's gold. I've PM'd ya m8.

Was great upstairs at Tiffanys in the early 80s (room called treetops i think).

Seen Summertime 12s on orange NIA & gold NIA labels (mine's orange) but didn't realise it came out of Kenya. The 7" versions good but the 12" knocks spots off it.

Just out of curiousity how much do you want for it?

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

I am sure Paul Sutton in Brighton had one up for grabs ? Did you get one or would you like me to find out ?

Pahhh wouldn't sell it when i needed it even though he insists on playing the wrong side :D:D:D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert