Soulsource Record Club Record Of The Day 2012

dthedrug

Just picked this up from the post Office this morning , bought it blind , nice 70's imho.

Nice label too !

what do you think?

GENTLE PERSUASION - DYNAMITE EXPLODES - SOUL DIMENSION DEMO - 1973

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

Swifty

OK on first plays,didn't blow me away but I'd have been pleased with it as a blind buy..........as you say great label (how much of an Anorak does that make me sound :D )

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

This afternoon's offering: Fantastic song, great vocals, produced by LEGENDS. Can't really fail to hit the spot can it? Same as Smith Brothers on Soul Dimension. There were a few found in California about 6/7 years ago. Manged to get a couple. Kept this one as as part of my Pied Piper 'collection'. Always loved it...FANTASTICO!

Regards,

Dave

https://youtu.be/XxDThtwcnaI

Social source share

This afternoon's offering: Fantastic song, great vocals, produced by LEGENDS. Can't really fail to hit the spot can it? Same as Smith Brothers on Soul Dimension. There were a few found in California about 6/7 years ago. Manged to get a couple. Kept this one as as part of my Pied Piper 'collection'. Always loved it...FANTASTICO!

Regards,

Dave

Nice one Dave, I'm loving it!

Social source share

This morning's offering: Another record that has seen some plays at the Hitsville Weekender Sunday Soul Brunches. No dressing up in fancy party frocks here folks, just a drum and horn led beat interspersed with a single solitary guitar lick now and then. It's all about the vocal and the lyrics. Great record.

Regards,

Dave

https://youtu.be/3BmsA5N0Gmc

Edited by Dave Moore
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Radcliffe was good last night,numbers down a little but didn't detract from a great night.Had the pleasure of spinning a few in the RnB/60t's room,really enjoyed myself as I got to play a few things I don't get chance to give an outing to very often plus dig a few forgotten things out that seemed to go down well.Here's one that filled the floor,always thought this would go in a main room like Charles Sheffield,AC Reed etc did awhile back?

Virgie Till-I Didn't Steal Your Dog Glover

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Was playing this over the weekend and had to post it.

Great version of The Temptations "Get Ready" by Ella Fitzgerald

Edited by MrC
Social source share

This afternoon's offering: A record I always personally associate with The Yate Allnighters. Happy days! Long drive from Burnley, and usually in a transit van with a bunch of other loonies, but worth it.

Regards,

Dave

had this played at my Wedding - Great tune

Social source share

Was playing this over the weekend and had to post it.

Great version of The Temptations "Get Ready" by Ella Fitzgerald

Paul

Nearly bid one of these this weekend but Tina Britt took my money,great version :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

PS Nearly played Ella's "These Boots" at Radcliffe on Saturday but didn't have enough time to fit it in :(

Social source share

The other Little Anthony tune that does me everytime I hear it is this one.

Little Anthony & The Imperials-Hurt So Bad United Artists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXHlALI-C-4

Backed with this beauty too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f3FQOsSkGk

Cheers

Martyn

PS Bought at Hyde all-night in the early/mid 90t's..........Dave you might have been there I think????

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

Paul

Nearly bid one of these this weekend but Tina Britt took my money,great version :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

PS Nearly played Ella's "These Boots" at Radcliffe on Saturday but didn't have enough time to fit it in :(

Shame you didn't mate, what a version! Tried to load it on here on the RIP thread, but could not find one on Youtube :glare:

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

This from me today A beautiful song by a beautiful lady sadly no longer with us

this is the (missing video) that surfaced a few years ago

Lynne Randell

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

One time rarity from me today.Disappeared from the decks when a few were found (& some dodgy pressings turned up) but have heard it out a couple of times recently & quite right too,still brilliant tune imo.

Danny Moore-Somebody New Allrite

Cheers

Martyn

An all time favourite of mine, great voice!

Great Choice Martyn

Bit of a strange one from me today, but it sounds great LOUD in a big hall!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JQ4qzm_4Dg&list=WL21DFAD7FE3AF320E&index=13&feature=plpp_video

Social source share

Bit of a strange one from me today, but it sounds great LOUD in a big hall!

Paul

New to me this & as you say bit of a strange one but after a couple of plays definitely grown on me?Has it been played in the past??I like leftfield things & this certainly fits the bill.

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Paul

New to me this & as you say bit of a strange one but after a couple of plays definitely grown on me?Has it been played in the past??I like leftfield things & this certainly fits the bill.

Cheers

Martyn

I don't know of it been played out anywhere of note, and it was new to me when I first heard it a couple of years ago.

Posted a want on here and got 2 replies, so there are at least 2 other people who were aware of it! :)

I got an EX one from ebay the day I posted the want (£20), and the ones I got offered were around the £40 mark. (EX & NM).

Really does grow on you, and does sound great loud!

Paul

Social source share

just bought this and i cant beleive its only £8,i think its fookin brill,made me wonder if it was a repress cos of the quality and cheap price,the best thing for me bout collecting records is finding tunes like this for a few quid,hope y"all like it

jason

• Helpful 1
Social source share

This morning's offering: Am preparing for a research trip to Philadelphia so my next few posts will focus on the City Of Brotherly Love. First up, a group soulful harmonies 45 that has seen plays every now and then in 'crossover' DJ sets over the years. Kinda record that once heard for the first time you go, check it out, find out it's only a couple of $$ and get one within the week. Great group, great song produced by the masters of that sweetish, soulful sound.

Regards,

Dave

https://youtu.be/TtHpgVHvRJM

Social source share

This morning's offering: Am preparing for a research trip to Philadelphia so my next few posts will focus on the City Of Brotherly Love. First up, a group soulful harmonies 45 that has seen plays every now and then in 'crossover' DJ sets over the years. Kinda record that once heard for the first time you go, check it out, find out it's only a couple of $$ and get one within the week. Great group, great song produced by the masters of that sweetish, soulful sound.

Regards,

Dave

tis a cracker Dave :thumbsup: so many great records by The Intruders on Gamble and later on TSOP, just loved Little Sonny's voice, so distinctive it was.

Also what about the lovely balled on the flip? "Baby I'm So Lonely" (with more than a little nod to Mickey Stevenson and Ivy Hunter's "Ask The Lonely" in it's opening bars :g: )

Always thought Mr Brown's vocal style excelled on this track. Another sadly no longer with us

https://youtu.be/VoqVAsmIAMM

steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share