Soulsource Record Club Record Of The Day 2012

dthedrug

Guest allnightandy

Andy

Pearlean's a quality oldie you don't hear enough imo.

Cheers

Martyn

Have it and still love it !

Cheers Andy

Social source share

owned & sold this several times. its found its way back again! :)

:hatsoff2: Hi All Rob This Detroit record (or was it LA?) is and will probably remain a sleeper, and now & again someone will come across it and ask the question WHY does this not get played? I am sure it has, but like many of it's like, there are plenty of similar records out there to be found from the 70s,

However I urge you all to give this a few plays, and you will discover it has a little bit more to it, to be put in the rejected box?

A few years ago now! I used to meet up with a few local SOUL Collectors (Wolves area), one person in particular whose knowledge on Modern & crossover records was second to none, he did not just play a record, he would be able to tell you every fact about every record, and was years ahead of most people in the UK with his finds, most of which he never paid more than £1 each, he was the person who opened my ears to this one, and I am doing the same, the collector was Roger Nichols from Willenhall, so you cant get a better reference than a R N Rating ***** price about £30 upwards I don't think there is any difference in the price of DEMO & ISSUE, but the issue looks better to me, you may be able to get this even cheaper than the price I have given, but it's worth more? :thumbsup: DAVE

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I will be hearing one of my "tunes of the moment" tonight...........Hector Rivera-I Want A Chance For Romance Barry,one of the best bits of Latin around at the moment imo.Quite a complicated dancer with lots of tempo changes & stops & starts but once you get to know it it's an awesome dancer & never fails to get me up.As I'm so excited I thought I'd start today off with a bit of soulful Latin that's been around awhile but still fills the floor,played this out the other week at Driving Beat to lots of whoops & applauses after it finished.

Mongo Santamaria-We Got Latin Soul Columbia

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Have Our Kev over for a couple of weeks and we end up most nights pulling out oldies we ain't heard for eons. Neither of us could remember the last time we heard these 2. Great 'old school' records that evoke great memories.

Regards,

Dave

Dave

Bloody hell..........Bobby Diamond...........Wigan I think for me,when I had hair :D

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Morning all.Had a great night at York Soul Club last night & great to see numbers up with plenty of new faces in,hopefully they liked what they heard as much as I did.The Monzas-You Know You Turn Me On Moon was a newie that hit the spot for me straight away,so was entered into volume 17 of the ever growing wants list.

One from me today that seems to be in a lot of peoples collections but can't say I've ever heard it out???Can't see why not as it seems to tick all the boxes for me,hopefully someone will tell me it was massive way back???

Jimmy Earl-Strategy Columbia

Cheers

Martyn

PS Anyone ever seen an issue of this,only ever seen demo's?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Morning all.Had a great night at York Soul Club last night & great to see numbers up with plenty of new faces in,hopefully they liked what they heard as much as I did.The Monzas-You Know You Turn Me On Moon was a newie that hit the spot for me straight away,so was entered into volume 17 of the ever growing wants list.

One from me today that seems to be in a lot of peoples collections but can't say I've ever heard it out???Can't see why not as it seems to tick all the boxes for me,hopefully someone will tell me it was massive way back???

Jimmy Earl-Strategy Columbia

Cheers

Martyn

PS Anyone ever seen an issue of this,only ever seen demo's?

Martyn,

I've also had the Jimmy Earl for 20 years but never heard it at a gig. Mine's demo too.

Regards,

Dave

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Another one from me today I've had years but never heard out.Always thought it would sound great at a big venue where it could rattle round a bit.

Johnny Daye-I'll Keep ON Loving You Blue Star

Cheers

Martyn

Absolutely brilliant!

Nice one

Mick

Here's one for the soul police:

Social source share

Another one from me today I've had years but never heard out.Always thought it would sound great at a big venue where it could rattle round a bit.

Cheers

Martyn

Cheers

Martyn

Top tune Martyn,his hardest by far,got one on the way

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I've had a few moans about this topic taking ages to load. I know Dave will be starting a new one pretty soon but in the mean time it would help if you deleted the youtube clip in the quote or maybe when replying to a post then maybe just quote the record by name in a "quick reply" and do not quote the original post

• Helpful 1
Social source share

A very underrated little ditty from me today.One that always gets a good dancefloor reaction when played but doesn't get played that often in my experience.........suffers from the "too cheap" syndrome I think??

The Broadways-You Just Don`t Know MGM

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 2
Social source share