Soulsource Record Club Record Of The Day 2012

dthedrug

THE FIFTH DIMENSION...'i'll be loving you forever'...penned by WILLIE HUTCH....Their first single, great atmospheric old skool...

Edited by rich chorley
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest allnightandy

This from me !

This is even rarer than you think

Back in the day (when i was young) as an Okeh demo collecter i ended up with three demos of this

one i steamed the labels off to stick on my box

and one i bucherd with a compass

What a knob ! :D

Edited by allnightandy
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

had this in my hand last night and went with perlean gray instead

kev

Kev

Top tune imo & only ever heard it out a couple of times & it sounded great so I'm surprised it's not been picked up by some imaginative dj.I'm sure in the future someone will..........been saying that about loads of tunes but still waiting :D

Cheer

Martyn

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL Heres anouther nice pick from my US collection, This tune has all the righ qualitys for dancing to and the hallmarks of a northern Soul Classic1 released on the ALTEEN Label byDRAKE & THE ENSOLIDS - "PLEASE LEAVE ME"...Value £100 :thumbup: DAVE,

:wave: HOPE YOU LIKE IT?

Dave

Great dancer.Think you'd get one a bit cheap then a ton,having a bit of a revival recently heard a few times out recently.

Not sure where it was played first............anyone???

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

This afternoon's offering; Another Blue Rock gem. Great femme double sider. Other side is a bit of dancer but this is the better side for me. Who was 'The Spouse', anyone know? Where's Bab A when you need him?! :D

Regards,

Dave

Wonderful tune. The SMASH release has no mention of a spouse. Wonder if she was estranged when the SMASH one was issued?? :huh:

Edited by gazman
Social source share

Dave

Great dancer.Think you'd get one a bit cheap then a ton,having a bit of a revival recently heard a few times out recently.

Not sure where it was played first............anyone???

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn I got my copy from Butch as with most of my US records come to me cheap this was £15 from dealers that I have respect for, I just estimate the price, next week I will put on a record that sold for £1k in Leeds 5 years ago Rob Pheasant payed a few hundred £££s for cost me £20 from BUTCH?? laters DAVE
Social source share

This morning's offering is a bit cheeky, as I don't own one. In fact I've no idea on what format it's available. Never seen it in vinyl format. Anyone help? Great version of the Len Barry/Jackie Trent song.

Regards,

Dave

What an unbridled piece of beauty...Magnificent example of Spector at his finest.... :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

Great Record - and she's got lovely Tits !!!!!! met her at Cleeethorpes with Chris thingy from Canvey Island ?

Swifty :thumbsup:

p.s. sorry if what I put was offensive to anyone

but she did!

I believe she also appeared at Wigan as well
Social source share

Guest allnightandy

Great Record - and she's got lovely Tits !!!!!! met her at Cleeethorpes with Chris thingy from Canvey Island ?

Swifty :thumbsup:

p.s. sorry if what I put was offensive to anyone

but she did!

A couple of 45's there if you ask me !

TAMIKO_JONES_Love_Trip+CL.jpg

• Helpful 1
Social source share

About time this had another run out

seems to me just the right tempo for todays scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMCccVkhsqc

:hatsoff2: Hi All this is one of the best records that I first got when I started to collect properly and one of the first that I got from John Anderson SOUL BOWL, It was huge in 73/74

in the midlands played by PEP, the yellow issue is very rare, also got Little Carl Carlton "nothing no Sweeter" Goldern World DEMO at the same time, which is also rare as a yellow issue?? :g: DAVE 60post-13241-0-78951200-1327271843_thumb.j

Social source share

This morning's offering; Probably better known I would think by The Shades of Blue from their Happiness LP. Another testimony to the talents of Barney 'Duke' Browner. I think this must have been the first track he and Harry Balk cut when they moved to Motown after absorbing Impact into the Hitsville family of labels. not an out and out dancer like the SOB version but a great record nevertheless. One of Bev's top 10 so it must be a good!

Regards,

Dave

https://youtu.be/nVun5AHHZNI

• Helpful 1
Social source share

This morning's offering; Probably better known I would think by The Shades of Blue from their Happiness LP. Another testimony to the talents of Barney 'Duke' Browner. I think this must have been the first track he and Harry Balk cut when they moved to Motown after absorbing Impact into the Hitsville family of labels. not an out and out dancer like the SOB version but a great record nevertheless. One of Bev's top 10 so it must be a good!

Regards,

Dave

https://youtu.be/nVun5AHHZNI

real quality tune this, a huge fav of mine. Love the other side too.

gary

Social source share

real quality tune this, a huge fav of mine. Love the other side too.

gary

I';d got this lined up as my post for tomorrow! Great tune :thumbsup:

Edited by MrC
Social source share