• Replies 14
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

what the hell is this guy thinking??!

https://www.ebay.com/...7#ht_500wt_1203

yeah, I thought it was cheap too but then I read that it was "priced low due to condition."

Yeah, like the guy's honesty!

"This record has been played to death -- but has no cracks. Both sides show TONS OF USAGE, but it looks like it will still play OK -- but possibly rather scratchy."

stopped me putting a snipe on it! :D

steve

Social source share

Yeah, like the guy's honesty!

"This record has been played to death -- but has no cracks. Both sides show TONS OF USAGE, but it looks like it will still play OK -- but possibly rather scratchy."

stopped me putting a snipe on it! :D

steve

yeah, it's weird because it looks mint from the picture, glad he was honest

Social source share

the guys other listings are so random & he has that other 45 by The Oceans at a crazy price too so it can't be a typo, how people can be selling on ebay since 2000 & still have absolutely no idea blows me away, at least The Oceans 45 is rare though.

Edited by Kris Holmes
Social source share

the guys other listings are so random & he has that other 45 at a crazy price too so it can't be a typo, how people can be selling on ebay since 2000 & still have absolutely no idea blows me away

it's funny because he has an actually expensive garage 45 for sale (still priced way too high), while this record should be 25 cents in this condition.

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

There is a seller on Ebay who has a copy of Johnny Jones "Mighty low" parts 1@2 on Peachtree 126 "ONLY ONE ON Ebay" YES Cause it's a piece of crap ! He started off about three years ago asking $5000 for it

I mailed him and asked him where he got his price from ? He got a bit shirty and told me if i didn't want to buy it stop mailing him

So as it was on buy it now , i placed an offer of $20 just to piss him off ! (I don't even know or want the record)

Then about a year ago a white demo came up in mint condition for £20 so i sent him a picture of it along with another picture of a normal copy for $30

he was a bit pissed but only dropped his to $1500

It's now been on for about three years and it's still at $700 why this guy is so convinced that it's worth that sort of money is beyond me :D

Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

the guys other listings are so random & he has that other 45 by The Oceans at a crazy price too so it can't be a typo, how people can be selling on ebay since 2000 & still have absolutely no idea blows me away, at least The Oceans 45 is rare though.

The seller was in the Oceans, a band from Athens, Ohio. The Oceans 45 is worth about $100. I've had a few copies. Why he tries to sell records at crazy prices, I dunno. I suspect that when he started selling records some years ago he sold stuff for too cheap and he's afraid that he'll miss out again. Another theory is that he's the type of Baby Boomer dude that has cheap phony Doors and Janis Joplin posters in his den and just wants to show off like he's big shot.

Social source share

The seller was in the Oceans, a band from Athens, Ohio. The Oceans 45 is worth about $100. I've had a few copies. Why he tries to sell records at crazy prices, I dunno. I suspect that when he started selling records some years ago he sold stuff for too cheap and he's afraid that he'll miss out again. Another theory is that he's the type of Baby Boomer dude that has cheap phony Doors and Janis Joplin posters in his den and just wants to show off like he's big shot.

whoa, I never made this connection, but another seller has been selling it recently (listed in soul for some reason), the seller (who is a long time ebay dealer) is "Oceanblues". Given that ocean is in their ebay name, is that also a member of the oceans?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert