The Impressions - Do Any Of These 45S Exist?

Nickinstoke

I've been collecting Impressions records for more than 40 years and have never come across any of the following:

ABC 10869 Love's a comin'/Wade in the water

A lot of discographies list this, but I've never seen a copy offered for sale, it's not in the JM Price Guide, doesn't seem to be in Popsike - do I need to spend any more of my remaining years looking for it?

ABC ????? Girl you don't know me/A woman who loves me

The "Complete A & B sides" CD compilation includes these two tracks

ABC 10964 I can't stay away from you/Man's temptation

Pete Burns' Curtis Mayfield biography include this - is it just a typo that should read "You ought to be in Heaven" as the B side?

20th Century 172 All though (sic) the night/Meanwhile back in my heart

This appears in an article by Keith Rylatt, in Manifesto earlier this year, and shown as a 1959 release. This isn't in JM's book or Popsike either.

Someone must know - boba, can you help?

Happy New Year

Nick

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I've been collecting Impressions records for more than 40 years and have never come across any of the following:

ABC 10869 Love's a comin'/Wade in the water

A lot of discographies list this, but I've never seen a copy offered for sale, it's not in the JM Price Guide, doesn't seem to be in Popsike - do I need to spend any more of my remaining years looking for it?

Pete Burns' Curtis Mayfield biography include this - is it just a typo that should read "You ought to be in Heaven" as the B side?

20th Century 172 All though (sic) the night/Meanwhile back in my heart

This appears in an article by Keith Rylatt, in Manifesto earlier this year, and shown as a 1959 release. This isn't in JM's book or Popsike either.

Someone must know - boba, can you help?

Happy New Year

Nick

Hi Nick

Am at the same point as you. Have you got the spanish 45 of their version of "Nothing Can Stop Me/Wwre A Winner" :thumbsup:

ATB

Dave

Edited by Louise
Social source share

Hi Nick

Am at the same point as you. Have you got the spanish 45 of their version of "Nothing Can Stop Me/Wwre A Winner" :thumbsup:

ATB

Dave

Thanks Dave - I've got the Spanish 45, but I still need the Portuguese EP with "Stay close to me". And if anybody has it, my top want is the Coke advert.....

Nick

Social source share

Happy New Year

Nick

Nick, I've got 10964 and that's "You Ought To Be In Heaven" for defo. (would have thought YOTBIH, was the A side?)

steve

Social source share

Thanks Bob, it looks as though I can maybe call off the chase, but if you ever come across any of them, you know who to call!

well I would need to find two of them...

I like these threads because they're so collector oriented. I post them and never get any helpful info though because I can never find anybody currently obsessing over some random label or artist in the same way.

The worst are records that are in all the discographies but don't exist. And all the discographies copy from each other.

Social source share

I've looked through millions of 45a since those songs were released on Albums. I've never seen them on proper USA singles. But, "A Woman Who Loves Me" and "Man's Temptation" were on Juke Box 33RPM EPs. I don't believe that "You Ought To Be In Heaven" had an alternate pressing of "I Can't Stay Away From You" and "Man's Temptation".

Social source share

Nick, I've got 10964 and that's "You Ought To Be In Heaven" for defo. (would have thought YOTBIH, was the A side?)

steve

Cheers Steve - I've only ever seen it with YOTBIH, as you say, but I wondered if it might have had an alternative B side. I agree YOTBIH would be considered the top side in the UK, but "I can't stay away from you" was the chart side in the US.

Nick

Social source share

well I would need to find two of them...

I like these threads because they're so collector oriented. I post them and never get any helpful info though because I can never find anybody currently obsessing over some random label or artist in the same way.

The worst are records that are in all the discographies but don't exist. And all the discographies copy from each other.

You're right Bob, they're a real pain. This site lists the 2 45s that probably don't exist

https://www.globaldogproductions.info/a/abc-paramount.html

and shows the regular combination "I can't stay away from you/You ought to be in Heaven"

There doesn't seem to be any way of proving something doesn't exist, but I guess I should just accept that I'm unlikely to be the proud owner of any of these.

Social source share

I've looked through millions of 45a since those songs were released on Albums. I've never seen them on proper USA singles. But, "A Woman Who Loves Me" and "Man's Temptation" were on Juke Box 33RPM EPs. I don't believe that "You Ought To Be In Heaven" had an alternate pressing of "I Can't Stay Away From You" and "Man's Temptation".

That's interesting Robb. I have a few of the jukebox EPs, but not with these titles. Do you have any further details?

Cheers

Nick

Social source share

the Goldmine 45s guide lists this as 10537 .....never seen it.

Cheers Jimmy - likewise the ABC discog I found on the net. I wonder if it was a planned release that got pulled?

I guess I need a new quest for 2012.

Social source share

hi have this juke box ep....always thought this was nice with all the juke box cards.....

post-13482-0-25894600-1325273130_thumb.j

post-13482-0-51146300-1325273144_thumb.j

post-13482-0-10026200-1325273175_thumb.j

post-13482-0-09191400-1325273189_thumb.j

cheers

franc

They're lovely items, aren't they, especially when they come with the jukebox inserts. I have a few by the Impressions, but not this one. I imagine there was one for each US Impressions LP, unless anyone know different?

Social source share

Hi Nick,after owning all the uk releases on demos years ago i've recently started collecting the american abc white demos.Do you know if they all exist in this format mate.Atb Taffy

Social source share

They're lovely items, aren't they, especially when they come with the jukebox inserts. I have a few by the Impressions, but not this one. I imagine there was one for each US Impressions LP, unless anyone know different?

Yes, I'm pretty sure there was one for each LP.

Social source share

Hi Nick,after owning all the uk releases on demos years ago i've recently started collecting the american abc white demos.Do you know if they all exist in this format mate.Atb Taffy

Very good question, Taffy, but I'm afraid I've no idea. I wonder if any if the missing ones I've been looking for exist as demos only?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert